Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,530 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Sammy, heal up soon my friend.

Your injury is looking like one of my old ones…..cut myself to the bone cleaning collard greens believe it or not….took a while to heal so let yours heal then go back to shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Yeah I’ll save you the freddy krueger looking pics but I slipped with a brand new scandi grind wood carving knife a while back.

It was just a dumb moment of not paying attention. I’ve been working with knives my whole life and hadn’t had an issue. The doctor said I cut almost clear through my hand. Still have a little bit of sensitivity in my index finger but fortunately it’s come back from being almost completely numb on the outside edge and across the tip. On the plus side I can feel weather changes now!
That’s a super power I could’ve done without… 😒

Healed up alright though. I wanna go get my palm read now! The palm reader will probably say, “You were an idiot.”

·
Registered
850 Posts
We gave our 9 y.o godson an Opinel kids knife who managed to give himself an identical cut, showing off for a girl.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Honestly, when I have a hurt thumb or a really heavy band, I pull the pouch with my other fingers by just holding the loaded pouch in my left hand to place it perfectly between the finger knuckles of my right hand for the pull. You don't need to use your thumb to shoot and it works fine 👼

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.