Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smitty once made a Spanish-loop fork using the following method. And Frogman uses the "shelf" on the side of his forks sometimes to help with holding on to your slingshot. Here is how I put these two ideas to work.

I had stopped making tabbed shooters because of my hand problems, so Smitty turned me on to using thread and a fly-tying bobbin, which took me a while to learn but now I'm loving it. Smitty is very generous not only with his knowledge but with stuff, too. He sent me two bobbins and a whole bunch of thread. It's awesome how strong a wrap you can get using thread that is so thin I can hardly see it.

This is a fine shooter. It's got 18-42 tubes from Truly Texas and a pouch from Jim Harris on it. I put a marble right through a soda can at 10 yards on the very first shot.

And here's my little Spanish family of slingshots.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
. . . well the church lady liked it.

That's nice, dear. Now run along like a good boy.
That happens! I posted a video last week that I really liked and thought "man, they're really going to dig this one!", and... 0 replies.
Nice fork, btw!
I like the chunkified demensions. It's an unusual shape and looks like a good fit.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. It's nice to get a little reaction.
@MJ: what video? I maybe didn't see it. This forum is getting too big.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay Bobby. The young girl has a mouthful of laughter, the old woman (stripy shirt indeed!) is a church lady so please have some respect you heathen; and whatever it is in their tea you'll certainly never qualify as nice enough to ever get any. (And it's really good sh!t too.)

@ LGD: If you have to ask . . .

As for the rest of youse: thanks for your kind comments.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
I really like those DH, never tried the spanish loops but I'm going to have to. Great job!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts