Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a new oak sling using the grain paralell with the forks and the handle angled to the grain. This one I used dowels to help hold the handle. I think it is overkill but I had some small dowell so I used it. This one is set up to shoot 9/16 marbles. I sanded the pouch so the center is very thin while the area where the bands tie is full strength.
The second one is a pine sling (same cut) with an over the top tie.

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I have done that, but not that nice! You can also drill a couple of 1/4 in holes croeewise through the handle and glue dowels in them for extra strength. Tex

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Very , very nice work wingshooter! Nice to get some new inspiration on some new projects to try.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like those, have you ever had a problem with your bands slipping off the tapered ends?? or is there a notch there and I just cant see it? either way they both look really classy, very elegant styling

oh I also like that leather shooting bag youve got there too ...very cool did you make that ??

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Thanks for kind words. I have never had a problem with the bands slipping. I just got back from field testing the oak sling and it works fine. Lots of dinged beer cans in our wake. I think I will make one from a piece of fir. I used fir to make arrows light and strong. The bag I made years ago when I was shooting a muzzel loader it was my possibles bag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts