Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow shooters!!!
Never give up on a fork ... At least, that's my motto!! Especially if it's a fork from a dear friend...
I've received many months ago an oak fork from Btoon. I've carved it with jest and joy, but I've always think that fork would deserve a more proper design.
So, I've renewed the oak piece to this little shooter...What a nice wood to work. Soft to the blade, yet resiliant!!
Many thanks again to Btoon for this lovely gift ...This time stays as it is!!!! What do you think, mates!

Thanks for watching.
Q

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beauty. I'm working on one now that has a short handle. How does that feel? I assume you hold it with a finger/thumb brace?
Thanks Sherman!!!
Actually, I hold slingshots sideways and hammer grip. Believe it or not, this little oakie is one of the best hammer grip handles that I have.
Cheers!!
Q

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Lovely, Q! Much better than mine. You can relax, buddy, I don't think I can top your shooters and I'm happy to keep it that way.

That looks like a piece of Live Oak. Knowing where Brandon lives, I would feel comfortable betting a dollar on it. Did he tell you what it was?

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
A very nIce little fork Q-man. I like the style you have settled on, very pleasing to the eye and a definate identifier of your handiwork. Thanks for sharing your skills with us. Tenha um dia abençoado

Reactions: Quercusuber

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
HOLY COWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Q that is stunning! That is really really really awesome! And Joe, I'm still learning to ID all the oaks out here, but it probably was a bluejack.
QQQQQQQQ
love that freakin' fork gap bro! that is excellent carving and craftsmanship! You have such an eye for sculpting symmetry! What did you use to finish the fork? Little bit of BLO? It has a gorgeous warm tone.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lovely, Q! Much better than mine. You can relax, buddy, I don't think I can top your shooters and I'm happy to keep it that way.

That looks like a piece of Live Oak. Knowing where Brandon lives, I would feel comfortable betting a dollar on it. Did he tell you what it was?
I'm much more relaxed now!!!

Now seriously: You're the man, Captain. Cheers from Portugal ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HOLY COWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Q that is stunning! That is really really really awesome! And Joe, I'm still learning to ID all the oaks out here, but it probably was a bluejack.
QQQQQQQQ
love that freakin' fork gap bro! that is excellent carving and craftsmanship! You have such an eye for sculpting symmetry! What did you use to finish the fork? Little bit of BLO? It has a gorgeous warm tone.
Thanks for your MORE than awesome comment ...from a master craftsman like you!!!!! BLO and shellac, my usual recipe for finishing.
Cheers, my friend.
Q

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts

[/quote] I owe you a dollar.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

[/quote]

I'll skip the dollar, if you dont mind ...Just make a video of a dollar being dented by one of your PFS's. Fair enough?

Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts

[/quote]

I'll skip the dollar, if you dont mind ...Just make a video of a dollar being dented by one of your PFS's. Fair enough?

Cheers!!
[/quote]You better get what you can while you can. I think the SSF SS are after me... Gonna send me to the choppy thingy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts