Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my homespun LBS. I gave it a little of the Mojave touch so y'all know it is mine....all mine!

Because I strive to be honorable and genuine I am sending my Autographed Original LBS to some dude that lives in S. Africa (of all places) to keep my life in balance.

Just so you professional sling artists out there know that I am an honorable re-cloner, I have left a couple of unintentional mistakes on my work in hopes they they work out. My tubes slots are a little wide. HOWEVER! No tube slips, AND I get a little extra finger purchase on my grip

Shiny aluminum is neat and pure torture on an (every) sunny day in the desert. I don't need a reflective ground locater so that an Area 51 drone can find me and burn my tree down. If there is another metal core build in my future I think I will try to get the metal sand blasted instead of swirly scratching it.

I like the faux Volcanic Rock feel and look. It is easy to do as well with a Dremel and a shaky hand.

Thanks for looking and thanks for the continued Forum inspiration!

Just Shoot It!
Mojave Mo
bfcf3f4f051a2cf40b34ee5bfda8cfae.jpg
a8e3bcf6e8a211db8a706c1684a20728.jpg
d63f35d91485434fe3a4e6ce84f6ee6e.jpg
f0fbaeac43dc94521f03e0be7f9a9815.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I am a fan! Just another fine top shelf Mojave Makery item!

I, too, dig that Dremel technique. Today I sat a solid 5 minutes pondering how you did it... should have just asked. Hahaha...

Reactions: MOJAVE MO

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am a fan! Just another fine top shelf Mojave Makery item!

I, too, dig that Dremel technique. Today I sat a solid 5 minutes pondering how you did it... should have just asked. Hahaha...
Haha! And it does give a bit' o purchase against the palm. It gives a little color character to the surface. AND.....it is really hard to screw it up!

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey buddy!! .. that's a mighty fine LBS!!! . :) . Great work as always Mo!!! ... I like it bud

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Thanks Obijuanjoey! It is going to take some extra serious focus to make a sling blem free. Then when I finally do I guarantee I'll drop it the first time out!

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Haha that's how it always works !! Lol .. she is looking good already dude !! :)
Hey buddy!! .. that's a mighty fine LBS!!! . :) . Great work as always Mo!!! ... I like it bud

Thanks Obijuanjoey! It is going to take some extra serious focus to make a sling blem free. Then when I finally do I guarantee I'll drop it the first time out!

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome work Mo! I love your steampunk type style!
Thanks C5! Indeed I am stuck on micarta, aluminum, and walnut for now. I am getting inexpensive chunks of this brown canvas micarta from a guy on eBay that is parting out vintage airplane pieces. This material was used alot as an insulator for electronics and for the 'dashboard' to hold the gauges and dials. The Grip Coins....I think I have two left , then 4 smooth ones. My Gramps walnut stick is almost gone. I love the look, and the history. But I will not lie. When I sand into it I can smell 100 years of sweat and blood in that wood.....and that is weird. I did the same with a cabinet grade piece of walnut.....nothing, no smell, no oil, just dust.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts