Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· "Southern Flip Style"
2,443 Posts
100 dollars is OK for a handmade product like that. Come on, how many hours did the maker invest? Keep in mind what a plumber charges per hour. At that rate, the slingshot would have to cost like 400 dollars.
I agree 100%! People's expectation of the cost of hand made equipment is very unrealistic. I think it actually hurts the innovation of the slingshot industry.
[/quote]

I totally agree with both Joerg's and your assessment Aaron. Even small wooden slingshots and bands like I make take considerable time, tools, and effort to produce. There seems to be a bit of a "It's only a slingshot!" mentality that many people have especially here in the USA. Maybe it's because of "childhood toy" status that still has a grip on slingshots for many.

· "Southern Flip Style"
2,443 Posts
All I know is that one of the truths I've learned in life is "You get what you pay for!"

· "Southern Flip Style"
2,443 Posts
and it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Agreed.... and their market will be the same as mine... those who can't or don't want to make for themselves or who are collectors. I hope they find a big market and do well.

· "Southern Flip Style"
2,443 Posts
Interesting Hawk,
Looks like our minds think somewhat alike. Love pocket shooters....they only make sense. A good strong catty doesn't need to be a BIG catty.
Hope you sell a million.
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.