Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,950 Posts
That's one of Randy Edwards' Bow Fishing Slingshots (Falcon Archery). THe handle is dyed laminated hardwood. The "pouch" is a piece of bowstring with a paracord loop for shooting fiberglass fishing arrows. The $100 price tag is surprising. They used to sell at SlingshotsUSA for about $50 with a standard hardwood grip (poplar, IIRC), and the custom grip was like $20 or so extra (again, IIRC). Check out some of the vids:

Bow Fishing Slingshot
Looked kind of interesting so I went to his web site looks like he tried mass-producing for a while till his manufacture failed to produce the product and then he went back to hand making them which probably explains the price difference.

· Registered
2,950 Posts
I think it is expensive .Anyway the last one he sold it for 50 bucks.
So do I, but then I make my own or buy 50 yr old Wham O's and Victor's so it's really not my thing. I'm sure there are people who think it's more than reasonable.

· Registered
2,950 Posts
and it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Agreed.... and their market will be the same as mine... those who can't or don't want to make for themselves or who are collectors. I hope they find a big market and do well.

[/quote]

So do I, the bigger the market the better the variety of product available at all price ranges, more diversity and innovation is better for everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.