Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
804 Posts
That's one of Randy Edwards' Bow Fishing Slingshots (Falcon Archery). THe handle is dyed laminated hardwood. The "pouch" is a piece of bowstring with a paracord loop for shooting fiberglass fishing arrows. The $100 price tag is surprising. They used to sell at SlingshotsUSA for about $50 with a standard hardwood grip (poplar, IIRC), and the custom grip was like $20 or so extra (again, IIRC). Check out some of the vids:

Bow Fishing Slingshot

· Registered
804 Posts
Looked kind of interesting so I went to his web site looks like he tried mass-producing for a while till his manufacture failed to produce the product and then he went back to hand making them which probably explains the price difference.
Ah! Too bad the mass production thing didn't work out. I hope he can find someone else eventually to get things going on a large scale again.

· Registered
804 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item335c658c52 He just reduced the shipping back to 1.50 great deal! Anybody who wants to buy check it out.Its virtualy free now lol.
Doesn't look too bad. I've never seen the Dankung fork attachment method on a wood catty before. Looks like he did a fine job of it, but I'd make sure the front edges of the band holes were well chamfered so as not to wear into the bands just behind the bearings. That would be easy enough to do on your own with a countersink, though. I hope one of our UK members will give one a go and report on it (hint, hint
).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.