Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
645 Posts
Hmmm There is this guy on the Uk Ebay he sells handmade wooden slingshots for 0.99 and shipping 3.50 nobody seems to buy it now . He started to sell them for 0.99 and 1 pound for shipping people bought them .He even sell them with there band gold as well. They look nice, handmade. I cant imagine how it worth for him to sell them .I wonder if he is here on this forum???

· Registered
645 Posts
Got a link?
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item335c658c52 He just reduced the shipping back to 1.50 great deal! Anybody who wants to buy check it out.Its virtualy free now lol.
[/quote]
Hi brooklyn it is me I thought I would give making slingshots a go, I never thought I would have the patcience but it really is addictive I tried wood but using the dankung method of slots in the sides of the forks, the wood between the grooves kept breaking and was not very strong so I found some hardboard and tried that it is incredibly strong varnished,or polished with bees wax thay are also nice and smooth. all the slingshots are tested with the strongest band I have which is the 1745* but I sell them with 2040* band attatched as I dont use it,None of this has cost me anything but time really and can make one in under 2 hours as I already have the board in the shed.I have tried three different methods of attatchment and the one they seem to like on ebay is the dankung attatchment. I have made the newest one thinner and a little squarer it looks alot nicer my family like it as well as for the prices,im not looking to make alot of money just something to help fund it buying more tube and board,I figure I can buy an old unit from a car boot sale for next to nothing just waiting for them to start again,and the tubing is only around £4.50 for ten meters that is also something I have plenty of.back to pricing there are several ways to sell on ebay just trying a few,I find the best is to have a low packaging cost and .99p starting price some are going to sell for .99p others will be bid on so it is a small risk but the packaging only costs £1.37p as the slingshots are lightweight so it is about right.I would like to get around £4.00 for a slingshot plus postage after seeing what is available on ebay but you have to give people what they want everybodys after a bargain and I cant see the point in keeping them all.it is only a hobby but a great one.Work is picking up again so I will not have the time, soon be back on twelves and working all weekend again Here is a picure of the most recent.
[/quote]

Nice one!
Great that you are a member here. I was going to buy 1 from you but when I bid i found out that I have to link my paypal account to ebay so I could not bid. Since then i did not try but it is possiple that I wil buy 1 cuz I am going on vacation for a month and I hate to change bands allways so I need a spare slingshot.This close up picture is great try to put this picturte on ebay it looks alot nicer trust me.Maybe make the fork a little wider and shorter but thats not my thing .Anyway.
Good luck

· Registered
645 Posts
Yeah that one is alot nicer they all shoot really well though,the ones with thera band never sold so I get the impression they like this tube fitting better having sold three like this already.so modifying the others to take these tubes,Thanks for the tip I have just measured the width of mine and the width of a commercial slingshot and the difference is 10mm so I can go wider.The fork length may look long but is the same as the commercial slingshot.Im not a big man and dont have big hands and it fits just right if I lower the forks it will not fit my hand.and feel it will be too short thanks for the tips though I will certainly widen it between the forks.As for paypall I buy and sell on ebay and have been stung a couple of times before, paypall have never let me down and are always very helpful.My son has been stung numerous times before as well,one was for £150.00 he to uses paypall and will not deal any other way once bitten twice shy.
Yeah the tubbing fitting looks more professional I believe, and cause of this people might prefer it better .I only said about the shorter fork because the force on the wrist but that depends what your shooting style is. It will look more nicer with wider fork.In my experiance if you start to sell something on low price people will not want to pay more for it later.I used to sell things on ebay(until i got kicked out) and ,from me people bought the thing for 15 dollars the same from other seller they bought it for 100 bucks lol.
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.