Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the slingshot forum at work today and it has been a very slow afternoon. All my work for the days is done. Reading the slingshot forum made me want to shoot really bad. I was reading about using rubberbands tied together and I thought I would go over to our supply closet and see what was there. Many types of rubberbands to play with. Then I spotted the Giant rubber bands. These things are huge. 1/2 inch thick and about 8 inches long doubled up. I thought, wow, those would make some interesting flatbands. I wanted to shoot something really bad so I started looking around for pouch material, something for forks etc. Then I spied my wrist excersizer with handles that you squeeze. I thought "there are some forks and with the Giant rubber band I don't even need a pouch". So I put the Giant rubber band over the bottoms of the handles and started shooting. The first few shots hit the handles and I had to hold the front part of the rubberband down and out of the way but when I figured out how to do it I was amazed at how strong this thing shot. I was shooting some wooden and plastic beads that a secretary had left on her work table. (I recovered all of them so she wasn't missing a thing
). I have 2 or 3 commercial slingshots that don't shoot this hard. I shot at the coat rack and hit the wall. The bead bounced back 15 feet and almost hit me in the head. After a few shots I could actually hit something. Of course this isn't a great slingshot but for something I scrounged up in 10 minutes it was fun to relieve boredom. And it has got me thinking about some more serious things to try with the giant rubberbands.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has a story about an odd, improvised slingshot they made.

· Registered
561 Posts
Sounds like you had some great fun, i would love to see a photo of the office diy slingshot rockymountainsliner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.