Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have been following the forum for a while. Meanwhile I made two slingshots for my 9year old (naturals with black thera). Very powerful, can only be used under supervision. I bought myself two Dankungs (both Jörg Spraves), just to find out how commercially built slingshots feel. I'd say I prefer the naturals, because they have a less 'military' or 'tactical' look and generally fit best in my hands.

I did not say 'hello' in the welcome-area of the forum, because I'd like to start with a contribution, if it is of any interest: I made two targets for 5m and 10m (the last one is really hard to hit). From 5m I hit the target in 3 out of 5, but I guess that most shooters here are much better. I could need some ideas for counting the points on the target, because the holes from my BB's most of the times are more like rips. Maybe a sheet of wood behind the target will get better results.

If there is any interest in 'official forum targets' I will gladly set them up.

Here are my suggestions.

Regards,

Thomas

Edit: The attached pdfs have been updated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the tip with the cardboard. I will try this soon!

Name and date box will be added. Maybe caliber should also be on it.

Besides: I can remove the 'draft'-writing anytime, I just don't want to do anything wrong with the title "official forum target' as long as it's not official.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I updated the targets with name, date, caliber and score. Renamed them as 'unofficial slingshot target' and removed the annoying 'draft' writing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They look good. But I prefer the simplicity of the Pocket Predator contest targets.
I have seen the 10m target from Bill Hays before I started drawing new ones. My impression was that they are not very popular, but after a look at Bill's website I learned that I was obviously wrong. I don't want to start a competition here, so I leave my targets here for download if anyone likes them for any reason.

Preview here, full files in my first post.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts