Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
theraband gold and the other colors where made for physiotherapy, rehabilitation from injuries. all these modern bands are made for slingshot shooting. shooters have a lot to thank theraband gold for, but apart from rehabilitation from injuries, the only place it belongs now is the slingshot hall of fame mate. there are so many superior bands out there to pick from. just my opinion.

· Registered
Derek
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theraband gold and the other colors where made for physiotherapy, rehabilitation from injuries. all these modern bands are made for slingshot shooting. shooters have a lot to thank theraband gold for, but apart from rehabilitation from injuries, the only place it belongs now is the slingshot hall of fame mate. there are so many superior bands out there to pick from. just my opinion.
It seems your right! Guess it's only upside, from here on out! What's your go-to?

· Registered
136 Posts
well on my tac hammer either .45 sumieke , .6 bsb, precise 3rd gen is a great band i just dont shoot it any more, and on my slingshot rifle .8 sheshou guru ,the best allrounder for slingshot rifles. bsb is very fast but doesnt like the rifle for some reason snaps very quickly at the pouch. these bands all work very well here in Queensland Australia but our winter is like Kalevala summer in Finland.

· Registered
Derek
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well on my tac hammer either .45 sumieke , .6 bsb, precise 3rd gen is a great band i just dont shoot it any more, and on my slingshot rifle .8 sheshou guru ,the best allrounder for slingshot rifles. bsb is very fast but doesnt like the rifle for some reason snaps very quickly at the pouch. these bands all work very well here in Queensland Australia but our winter is like Kalevala summer in Finland.
Man, I was just this close to going with the BSB .6's - I'll try those next.

· See The Target
21,294 Posts
I used to use Thera Gold years ago and it shot very well . I can't speak on behalf of the current batches of Thera gold . It may or may not be as good as the old stock . I suspect it may not be due to all the negative claims . I won't be convinced unless I see it for myself but won't be buying any soon due to being stocked up on other stuff . Some of my best and most accurate shooting was done with Older stock Thera Gold .

· Registered
136 Posts
At last count, I have 42 rolls of various latex/thickness and none of them smell as good as Theraband gold.
forgetting about the smell, what are your favorite bands out of the 42 rolls mate. the only person i no that had more rubber than that was Errol Flynn, but he didnt shoot with it, he shot in it lol.

· Registered
567 Posts
forgetting about the smell, what are your favorite bands out of the 42 rolls mate. the only person i no that had more rubber than that was Errol Flynn, but he didnt shoot with it, he shot in it lol.
LOL, my favorite is Theraband black, light draw, super fast, and mmm that smell. But, I shoot a lot of 3/8" clay ammo.

For hunting, I'm liking these "Ripper" bands I've been using. One translation called them Ripper; so be it.

And don't dismiss the smell, I find good bands, also smell good. o_O

· Premium Member
626 Posts
Glad to hear that SSB scores so good I don’t know about you guys but I’ve been shooting that ever since it came out and I find that the tests that I did were similar. Very good video thanks for all your work. I think that this will be very helpful to a lot of old and new shooters alike

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Summer is barely ended and temperature is now +13°C.
No need to sweat anymore 👍

All You shooters out there, who likes Snipersling bands. Now there is one good challenger
and that is Jinpu

· Registered
Derek
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad to hear that SSB scores so good I don’t know about you guys but I’ve been shooting that ever since it came out and I find that the tests that I did were similar. Very good video thanks for all your work. I think that this will be very helpful to a lot of old and new shooters alike
Agreed - I thought it was a good non-biased look at the performance across a lot of manufacturers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts