Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about archery. I bought arrows for shooting fish and of course they have a couple of wire barbs leaning rearward.

Now, the metal seems to be in three sections. one attaches to the shaft. ..the next has the barbs..lastly comes the tip.

The tip unscrews. I would have thought that the barb section would unscrew from the base so it could be removed and let the arrow come out the way it entered. man, they don't undo! I tried pliers even, and they don't move.

As added info, the product is Ruixunte 35" Black Archer. Some one out there teach this old fool something!!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Hey guys, with a tip of the hat to Bill Hays and advice from ghost, I have two bow slings finished. Actually, the arrows gave me the most trouble. Had to lock each one (6) in a vise and twist the section with the barb off. I greased them good hopefully they won't lock up again. I was going to shoot a photo of them, but it's the same old Daisey B52 conversion that you have seen many of before. Thanks for the support guys. Now show me those catfish and hold my beer. :bouncy:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Judging from his videos and posts, Ghost is also a good archer. This gives him a perspective on good arrow flight. With all due respect, you are not going to understand good arrow flight experimenting with a slingshot. If there are any archery clubs, shops, or ranges near you, take an archery lesson with someone that teaches traditional archery (recurve and longbow). This will not only give you another hobby, it will give you a point of reference for good arrow flight. From there, you can duplicate it with a sling bow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts