Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...since we can't all gather to pay our respects to our good friend Roger, let's take a little time and shoot a round in his honor. Kind of a 21 gun salute from all over the world.

This weekend, take some time to shoot a few rounds in Old Miser's memory. Feel free to post a picture or video and also add anything from your interactions with that truly great guy, Roger Adams.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
I sure will...

Great idea, Devils :)

Although I'm not too prone in posting vídeos (don't have yet the necessary skills), I'll try to take some photos.

Too bad we didn't had the time to make a trade, or else I would shoot with one of his slingshots.

Rest In Peace, dear sir.

Q

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
So tonight I put bands on my newly made chalice and my plan was to shoot it in memory of Old Miser and join this thread. I usually use 7/8 straight SS black, or same cut TBG and shoot marbles. For some reason I put 3/4 SS black on the chalice, which isn't the best with marbles so I knew I would be using 3/8 steel. I opened my Altoids tin of vinegar patina steel shot and right there in the middle was one bright and shiny one. I thought to myself "Well hello there Old Miser!" Took it out, shot it and put it back.

Wood Tableware Kitchen utensil Cutting board Cuisine

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
So tonight I put bands on my newly made chalice and my plan was to shoot it in memory of Old Miser and join this thread. I usually use 7/8 straight SS black, or same cut TBG and shoot marbles. For some reason I put 3/4 SS black on the chalice, which isn't the best with marbles so I knew I would be using 3/8 steel. I opened my Altoids tin of vinegar patina steel shot and right there in the middle was one bright and shiny one. I thought to myself "Well hello there Old Miser!" Took it out, shot it and put it back.

attachicon.gif
chalbanded.jpeg
Beautiful set-up!!!

Oldmiser will be honoured. He sure deserved that little bright star (ball) to be shot.

Q

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jake, this is so brilliant.

I was wishing we could do something, but I could think of what

This is perfect.

PS- StringSlap that is very cool.
Same here Pat ! I couldn't really come up with anything else but I knew something was better than nothing.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I never had the chance to converse with him, but I will definitely be taking some shots in his honour today. Anyone know what kind of frame/setup he liked ?
He liked shooting most anything but the one he loved last was his SPS, I believe he said he got it from Cjw.

He asked me this past summer if I ever tried a Peghead frame, I told him I had not. He told me how great it was and he felt like he was cheating when using it. A week or so later, his beloved pegead showed up in my mailbox. I'll be shooting it this weekend and post a picture of it!

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
I never had the chance to converse with him, but I will definitely be taking some shots in his honour today. Anyone know what kind of frame/setup he liked ?
Island. Roger told me that he shot his original Toddy Mule every day (200 shots) for a full year, possibly longer. The Mule has been on my wish list ever since he told me that.

He fancied a sling that I collaborated on and ended up taking a few hand hits trying it out. I think I may put it up for a giveaway in his honor. The funny part of the story is that he wanted to return it but couldn't get ahold of me for about a week. I felt crushed hearing his panic wondering if I would refund him because he needed to get some milk and eggs for the following week. I sent him more money than he gave me for the sling (he picked the price he wanted to pay) and told him to stop being such an Old Miser. I felt stupid for adding that line but he really ripped me a large one for not getting back to him faster. Anyway. He was my Dad, my Gramps, and every salty goldminer that I've ever met. I image he isn't too far away from God himself making sure his bookkeeping is accurate!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Cheers to Old Miser, as true a salty rogue as there ever was.

He gifted me a special SPS and told me to aim low...being a tad bit stubborn...I shot typical. There are 2 holes in the wall above my bed. hahaha...

He knew from just talking to me about shooting how I would miss. I saw those as I got to bed late last night and laughed til I cried. hahaha...luckily my wife is a sound sleeper & used to my strange ways.

I just shot with that frame and forgot to aim low...but my backstop is much taller...no 3rd hole. I am a bit disappointed about that.

I am off to drink a local made beer in a brewery by myself on foot. Because that is so Old Miser it fits. He was no fan of commercial brew.

I an feeling the love of the best people I ever met online or otherwise, slingers. ph, and right next to the brewery is a fine local pizza place. arainy walk seems good to me.
PS-
I made, Roger, a Tall Snapjaw Turtle...when he liked it I was intolerable for weeks.All I did was add a bit bit leg/fork height. Pics below if I find them.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts