Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grabbed a hot tip from Alfred E.M. and ran with it. After messing around for an hour trying to save 45cents I picked up some Brass Thumb Screws from SimpleShot that are available to swap out the ClipScrews that come with the Scout LT.

I grabbed my trusty propane torch and gave the brass a good heat bath and spit on em' to cool them down. The end result is just want I wanted. Check em' out!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Niiice, Mo.

Another waybif you want a tarnish/forced patina is to spray for white vinegar on them and put them in an oven at about 250F degrees. Check every 20 minutes or so.

May have to spray a few times depending on desire coloration... rinse with rubbing alcohol and let dry.

You make greenish if you use vinegar and salt to soak... then heat... then rinse to stop the reaction.

Be careful with salt it can quickly pit some metals... and lemon juice is slightly more aggressive than vinegar.

And for a flourish... add some tequila, salt, and lemon juice to your belly.

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The heat bath (or spit) did the trick!
Nice and comfy looking set up!
Funny how many slingshots I've 'needed' to buy, trade, shoot and make to appreciate what went into the design of the ScoutLT. You get TTF, OTT, and the option to either clip it or wrap it. I shot the Scout for awhile but oddly found it too large for my XL hand. For some reason this smaller frame fit just right. Well that's it then. I'm gonna bag the rest of the sling stack and just shoot this one until my last breath. Or maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Niiice, Mo.

Another waybif you want a tarnish/forced patina is to spray for white vinegar on them and put them in an oven at about 250F degrees. Check every 20 minutes or so.

May have to spray a few times depending on desire coloration... rinse with rubbing alcohol and let dry.

You make greenish if you use vinegar and salt to soak... then heat... then rinse to stop the reaction.

Be careful with salt it can quickly pit some metals... and lemon juice is slightly more aggressive than vinegar.

And for a flourish... add some tequila, salt, and lemon juice to your belly.
Cool! New knowledge, thanks MakoMan!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.