Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a few of these “Osage Orange” slingshots a while back, but never had shown a close-up of one. The wood makes a very nice looking slingshot.

Attachments

Reactions: Bob E

·
Banned
73 Posts
It's very interesting that we both have chosen a similar fork design. Both are very thick towards the base. I chose this shape out of necessity. No other shape was strong enough. I also had to make it a 3 layer laminate for strength as well (red oak). I only shoot slings that will fit in my pocket so it is small {3.5"x5.375"x.75"}. What are the dimensions of your sling?

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's very interesting that we both have chosen a similar fork design. Both are very thick towards the base. I chose this shape out of necessity. No other shape was strong enough. I also had to make it a 3 layer laminate for strength as well (red oak). I only shoot slings that will fit in my pocket so it is small {3.5"x5.375"x.75"}. What are the dimensions of your sling?
Mine are 3/4 by 4 by 6 inches and they do fit my pockets, but I like to carry one in my sock. Tex

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Tex that is my favorite of your designs. I have seen it before and have wondered why you don't sell them, at least in limited quantitys at a premium price?

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
I love the Bois d'arc wood. Flatband made one of his a while back out of the stuff and it was beautiful. That wood will outlast all of us!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts