Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For many years I shot competitive archery (also hunted), all instinctive I studied all the ways of Howard Hill, Fred Bear, Ann and Earl Hoyt, shot many tournaments-coached- and the main thing thru all this that made the champs- winners-the ones that brought the meat home, was practice, many people had many different styles, all people have differences, in stature, personality, everything, find what works for you and perfect it, usually it will be a slight variation, from the others, but that is what makes us what we are, figure out what works=and perfect it= Words from a Geezer

Attachments

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
You are pretty smart for a Geezer! Maybe that is what a geezer is?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The focus on the target concept has worked well for me. Currently I am shooting at 1-1/2 inch cardboard squares in my cellar. So far I'm shooting 20% to 40% accurate at 5 yards. I do love the challenge. I'm confident my accuracy will increase with practice.

Don

·
Registered
855 Posts
The focus on the target concept has worked well for me. Currently I am shooting at 1-1/2 inch cardboard squares in my cellar. So far I'm shooting 20% to 40% accurate at 5 yards. I do love the challenge. I'm confident my accuracy will increase with practice.

Don
Sounds very similar to the sort of accuracy I was getting when I first got back into slingshots. Shoot a little each day and you should be pleasantly surprised by how your accuracy improves. As Bugar said, find what you're comfy with and stick to it.

Btw, I'll add my own bit of advice. You will find that you will occasionally have bad days where you can't seem to hit the broadside of a barn. Continuing to shoot on such a day usually leads to frustration, so when I find I'm shooting really poorly on a given day, I just pack it in and try again the next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Right this second I am shooting 5.5mm led pellets at an old shoe box from one side of my room to the other. I also like shooting small stones at last years lemons/oranges that are still clinging onto the trees on our land, it makes for pretty tough practice (what with the odd shaped stones flying badly and moving targets).

My accuracy has improved greatly thanks to watching Jörg, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts