Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, Aaron has just made a moderator out of me! I am immensely proud about that and I promise to give my best.

It is the second time in my "internet life" that I am doing this job, however the first time in the slingshot world. My first moderator position was in my other hobby, story writing. I moderated an internet writing project (in German) that in the end lead to a printed book! It is a horror anthology, with the title (translated) "The Fountain Pen of Horror". One of my storys made it into it, along with 14 others - a selection from over 1,000 submitted entries.

The book is a success, amazon sold many of it! http://www.amazon.de/F%C3%BCllfederhalter-Grauens-Gruselgeschichten-Sprave-Herausgeber/dp/3939937053/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262604845&sr=8-1-spell

Handling over 500 authors that all thought their story was simply the best wasn't easy, to say the least. But we managed!

So I am familiar with the challenges that await me in my new position. I realize that my approach is too extreme for some community members, however I promise to be as moderate as a moderator should be from now on.

Thanks, and let's simply make this forum glorious together!

Jörg

·
Super Moderator
6,676 Posts
Moderator? I don't think Joerg is one to do things in moderation!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say MORE POWER!!!! Congratulations Bud! Flatband

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Congratulations Joerg, I think you are the perfect person for the job. It was interesting to hear that you dabbled in writing. From experience, I know what you are saying about dealing with authors and their sensitivities.

·
Resident Nutcase
132 Posts
Hey Jorg. Unfortunate we seem to bump heads as we have so much in common (maybe that is why?). I have two anthologies out, "Steal My Rage" and "Let The Drums Be Your Heart". I also have an unpublished horror fiction (Native theme)I have not bothered to shop around.

Looking forward to seeing your next creations on slingshot channel. Congratulations on having so many personal achievements and successes.

W.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Wonderful... Congratulations on the moderator position. You are truly a man of many talents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts