Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jephroux is a hard-workin' man. He had some oak forks in his yard with no time to turn 'em into slingshots. So he sent some to me. This here was a small one that I made into a pocket-sized gypsy-rig ala Jmsplnt. I shot with it for about a half hour yesterday and it was pretty accurate for me. Fun lil shooter. Hope Jeff likes it.

Thanks fer lookin.

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Great looking fork DH one of these days I'm going to try a gypsy rig..

· Resigned
1,100 Posts
Yep looks good to me. I know I have said this before but I think it bears saying again and again--small pocket slingshots with nice, easy draw weights are so much fun. They are always with you when there's a can in need of killing and their diminuitive size makes them so easy to pocket.

Good for you Jephroux, I've got two by DH (including the awesome Bullseye) and I think it's pretty cool to have a piece by a known maker! Nobody is going to be Rufus (and that's fine) but some day some of the people on this forum will be talked about as Catapult Gods. It may be a bit premature but I'll give that nod to Bill Herriman right now.

10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys.
Harper, I know you will love this method, but now that you got yerself a fancy electric tool I'm afraid you might leave us Neanderthals behind.

Jump, Bill Herriman has dedicated his long life to slingshots. I doubt there's anyone alive who has as much slingshot knowledge. I hear he used to travel the country giving shooting exhibitions with his wife, too. So shooter, maker, and compendium of slingshot information puts him in the catbird seat in my book.

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Thanks, guys.
Harper, I know you will love this method, but now that you got yerself a fancy electric tool I'm afraid you might leave us Neanderthals behind.

Jump, Bill Herriman has dedicated his long life to slingshots. I doubt there's anyone alive who has as much slingshot knowledge. I hear he used to travel the country giving shooting exhibitions with his wife, too. So shooter, maker, and compendium of slingshot information puts him in the catbird seat in my book.
TOOL BAD, STICK GOOD!!!!!

Don't think you have to worry I always have loved naturals.... and slingshots too...

10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks MX and Mike. I have a big one like this from Jmplsnt and believe me, it is a very strong attachment. If you don't want to hook the tubes up this way, or if you want to use larger tubes, like SS-T from Trumark, you can tie them to the leather tabs using the kink and tie method. Works great. I like the way it looks too.

· Registered
561 Posts
Nice Oak Folk i've made hundreds like this and they always make great little shooters. Good work Dayhiker and Jephroux is a lucky bar stool

· Premium Member
115 Posts

got another one way cool Gesture Finger Thumb Knee Human leg

bill thanks never shot a gypsy befor way cool
Gesture Finger Thumb Knee Human leg

had to sneek out back an try it out
[email protected] wow hits hard with 6mm steelies
Gesture Finger Thumb Knee Human leg

first shot left an low 4 touching
last was a flyer my fault
sweet shooter
bill you rock thanks a bunch
forked stick goood ugh ugh!!!!!!!!
Dance Happy Entertainment Performing arts Gesture

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.