Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out shad fishing today and as I was heading back to my cousin's truck, I had to walk under an overpass that the river runs below, and about 30 fat pigeons took off but this guy flew in and perched on the edge of one of the trusses about 12 yards away.

I got em with a headshot using my spalted oak natty banded with 3/4" straight cut Precise 0.70, and 3/8 steel - which shut him down like a turning off a light switch. He dropped like a brick.

His crop was stuffed full of sunflower seeds. I've never seen a pigeon so full of seeds. It's obvious that the pigeons in this area are eating at feeders. I got a pretty big breast from this bird.

I would've stayed and got more but my cousin had to get home.

I will definitely be going back for more...there were a LOT of them.

I think I found a new favorite hunting spot

MW
0ebcdbe8610691e51761facd6e9233d9.jpg

Sent from my LG-M470 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I was on yesterday. When I warmed up before heading to the river I couldn't seem to miss. Would've been a great time if I could've stayed for the evening...may have ended up with a half dozen or more..

MW

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you carry your slingshot all the time so that you are ready when the opportunity presents itself. Nice shot.
GP
Thanks GP....

Yes sir...I have a slingshot in my pocket everytime I leave my house :)

MW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.