Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a pop out this morning in the car, seen a half grown rabbit about 35yards in the field so i stopped opened the car window, took it with a head shot,
its only half grown but will be nice and tender, cheers jeff

· Resigned
584 Posts
Looks like the little gun is earning a living.Just goes to prove you dont need to spend megga bucks to have a decent hunting tool.
What barrel is the gun fitted with?,Must be a decent one as 35 yard head shot is a really good shot.

· Craftsman
1,301 Posts
Is there a sight you'd recommend, for a standard .22?
There are no standard sights really, it all depends on what you want from the scope and the kind of shooting you will be doing and in what conditions. If you want a good all round piece of glass then you don't get a bad Bushnell. If you fancy spending a bit more cash I have heard good things about the new Falcon scopes, and then if you want to splash out then there's the Swarovski's etc. It's always worth spending that bit more on the scope, as a rule of the thumb spend the same on your scope as you do on your gun. Second hand is often the way to go!

· Registered
235 Posts
Most important thing, and if you knew this already I don't mean to insult your intelligence, is that on a spring piston air rifle the jarring motion of the piston can allegedly ruin a scope that's not designed to handle it. It's just on those kinds of airguns but I'd hate to see somebody ruin an expensive scope

EDIT: oh and [email protected] Jeff!! is there anything you can't shoot?!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.