Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Now if I may, I'd like to present the third piece I mentioned in my previous post.

and I want to mention one thing, this is a well known pattern, i donk know for shure who is the author of this pattern, but I would really like to know who was the designer to congratulate him, cause he created THE MOST ergonomic fork that i ever held on my chunky lil' hands.

dont look at this as a dishonest act of theft or hijacking
, but as a tribute to that genius.

no more words, here the pictures, I think this is a little more burnt than the previous ... in fact, I feel that in this exercise perfected the technique of "CHICHARRON". (chicharron is a mexican snack... really deep fried pork skin YUUUM-YUUUUM!!)

(sorry, did not know that I should not use that word for the title of the post (language differences) I ment the hot and flamy house of the devil

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
When you got time to shoot??? Turnin out all those nice shooters=NICE STUFF=

Now if I may, I'd like to present the third piece I mentioned in my previous post.

and I want to mention one thing, this is a well known pattern, i donk know for shure who is the author of this pattern, but I would really like to know who was the designer to congratulate him, cause he created THE MOST ergonomic fork that i ever held on my chunky lil' hands.

dont look at this as a dishonest act of theft or hijacking
, but as a tribute to that genius.

no more words, here the pictures, I think this is a little more burnt than the previous ... in fact, I feel that in this exercise perfected the technique of "CHICHARRON". (chicharron is a mexican snack... really deep fried pork skin YUUUM-YUUUUM!!)

(sorry, did not know that I should not use that word for the title of the post (language differences) I ment the hot and flamy house of the devil

·
Registered
316 Posts
Very nice.. It's Geko's style of boardcut..

·
Registered
350 Posts
ok then in that case, my most respectful greetings and appreciation to Mr. gecko, for such an incredible contribution to mankind.

and, in response to the comment, Mr Bugár ... in fact I almost have no chance to shoot ...sometimes on Sundays, sometimes in the yard (a very small yard)

as I said in previous postings, I find the same pleasure in the manufacture of my girls that in the shooting part.

thank you all for your comments, much appreciated ... and again my admiration and total respect to Mr Geko, I think this pattern should be awarded whit "the slingshot" not of the month or of the week or year, but "THE SLINGSHOT" big time!!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
The look reminds me of something old from the 1500's. Just something old and well cared for. Great look!!! I'm sure you will continue to vary the technique to share a different way to burn something to beauty.

Man!! I very much like the look of that process!!

Hey! that might be a catch phrase. "Burn it to beauty" or "Burnt to beauty" or Beautifully burnt" or "Singed to sweetness" etc.....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The look reminds me of something old from the 1500's. Just something old and well cared for. Great look!!! I'm sure you will continue to vary the technique to share a different way to burn something to beauty.

Man!! I very much like the look of that process!!

Hey! that might be a catch phrase. "Burn it to beauty" or "Burnt to beauty" or Beautifully burnt" or "Singed to sweetness" etc.....
what about this... "burn the beauty out of the stick"
sorry... must be the smoke... get it?
te flames... the wood.. smokin'.... never mind (LOL)

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Aye, it looks like a Geko. I made one from a very similar pattern and found it to be near ideal. The scalloped sides of the forks receive the thumb and forefinger and the high cut of the bottom of the fork gives relief for the middle finger to ride higher. The curve of the handle supports the rung finger and pinkie. I found I could use more palm swell (hence the loop I built into my T1 model) but it's not such a big change. I found the narrow forks made for easy pocketing and the extreme low cut of the forks much reduced wrist strain. In short, it was an excellent design, one of the very best. I hope Geko participates in this forum, as I have immense respect for his design and shooting skills.

Apart from the basic profile, I very much like your style. It's becoming a distinctive, trademark look that sets you apart. The forks are well made and finished and then flamed and distressed to take on a certain charm, like a treasured slingshot recovered from a forgotten corner of an attic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very nice work. Chicharron is also a snack in the Philippines. I think the Spaniard Conquistadors dropped them off in Mexico and then brought them to the Filipinos. A cold beer and some vinegar & crushed fresh garlic for dipping you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Very nice work. Chicharron is also a snack in the Philippines. I think the Spaniard Conquistadors dropped them off in Mexico and then brought them to the Filipinos. A cold beer and some vinegar & crushed fresh garlic for dipping you can't go wrong!
Hello
Sorry to bother but I see you know about Chicharron, Are you a filipino? ( I live there with my wife thats why I am asking.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts