Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one more I made with some wood from a big old tree that we cut down in my Dad's yard many years ago ... it has a slightly yellow tint to it - inside liners are walnut and padauk. Lets see if anybody can take a stab at what the mystery wood is on the outside ... note, it's really hard and fairly rare at least in my neck of the woods - I'll let you know if you get it ...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody ... this one is made from locust wood - something different & fun, as it came from a big old tree in my dads yard that was struck by lightning & caught fire but somehow survived for many years after that until it had to be cut down (tough old tree). Sure is hard & I think fairly well suited for a slingshot...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I love the idea of that little orange corner. I imagine it would help with aiming. Is the palm swell also walnut?
Yeah, the orange aiming corner really isn't necessary for white paper targets, but it helps alot for shooting handmade recycled cardboard targets (my fave - cardboard shows the cleanest holes) or cans / spinners in a catch box. Yep, the palm swell is walnut ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.