Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of these days the ringneck doves that tease and watch me from the power lines at about 60 feet away

and also gaze at me from about 5 feet away

will one day get it from a slingshot. But the fact that this is all within city limits, i can only dream for now . Its hard to fight the urge, but i dont want to risk any neighborly disruption . Any of you guys going through something similar ?

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
One of these days the ringneck doves that tease and watch me from the power lines at about 60 feet away

and also gaze at me from about 5 feet away

will one day get it from a slingshot. But the fact that this is all within city limits, i can only dream for now . Its hard to fight the urge, but i dont want to risk any neighborly disruption . Any of you guys going through something similar ?
for me i not only face the pigeons, woodpeckers, squirrels, feral cats, skunks, but he people feeding these varmints! all inside city limits.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep. In town, they sit on the powerlines, poop on the car, land on the porch rail, and just stand in the driveway and stare at me.
Outside city limits (and I am convinced they know precisely where that line is drawn), I can't get within a hundred yards of them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I try my best not to disturb the neighbors when shooting around the neighborhood. The birds here are already very jumpy, but not as bad as the ones in the woods. What I'm doin isn't illegal, so I don't think i'll get in any trouble unless of course I break a window. However I ain't no clutz, I haven't gotten into any trouble for the past 3 years so what the heck. Shoot away.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There are house sparrows that live very close to me. However, I can't shoot in New York State. In our house in Canada, where shooting them is legal, there are no house sparrows at my house. WTF!

·
Registered
186 Posts
you can get sparrows with birdshot. no damage to windows or those ceramics on the powerlines. doesn't work with pigeons

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Urban squirrels are a constant temptation .... as are urban pigeons. But so far I am resisting ...

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
dud3, when i first picked up the ss again i had vengeance on the mind! pigeons, squirrels, wood peckers, skunk.................. they watch and with those beady eyes, they think now what?!!! than i joined the forum and became civilized (hahahaha) damnit!!

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is nothing else to hit in Imperial County...shoot the friggin things!!!!
theres a lot to shoot- coyotes, rabbits (ton of them things), ferrets, ground squirrels, 3 types(at least) of lizards, crows, grackels, 3 kinds of doves, illegals (
j/k), roadrunners, wasp, horseflys, bumble bees, roaches, crickets, cans, bottles, all kinds of things. i see your familiar with imperial county .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts