Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Not quite there, but close enough to get started.

To demonstrate the viability, if any, of wire-framed slingshots, a lucky (or maybe not so lucky, depending on your perspective) winner will receive a modified Daisy F-16 (Wally World Special, aptly named a hobo slingshot by Mojave Mo) and a brand new, still in the package Daisy F-16 for you to modify.

Here are the rules:

All forum members are eligible, no minimum number of posts. New members are encouraged to participate.

The winner must promise to:

modify the new F-16;

shoot both of the modified F-16 slingshots; and

post about your experience, including how you modified the F-16 and how the two modified F-16s compare to each other and to other slingshots.

Enter the giveaway by writing an essay (as long or as short as you wish) about wire-framed slingshots. Your essay must use one or more of the following sentences:

Wire-framed slingshots are worthless and modifications are a gimmick because.......

I can't get enough of those wire-framed slingshots because.......

I have no idea what a wire-framed slingshot is or how to modify it, but I am entering this giveaway anyway, because........

I will give a warning before closing the contest and selecting a winner.

Our panel of judges will select a winner based on content, writing style, humor, and creativity. The panel's decision is final and non-appealable.

Good luck to all contestants!

Gas Automotive tire Plumbing Cylinder Bicycle part

Attachments

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I have no idea what a wire-framed slingshot is or how to modify it, but I am entering this giveaway anyway, because.......I would really like to win something. Also I like mo's saga of the 5 month build/move.It's important to note also that I am first to respond. I think first responders should be given extra consideration. And as most everyone knows B R is somewhat of a cheapo and any thing from him is a plus. Please consider me because I'm old and probably won't live long enough to brag and crow much anyway.

yours truely SJAbegoodguy.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have no idea what a wire-framed slingshot is or how to modify it, but I am entering this giveaway anyway, because.......I would really like to win something. Also I like mo's saga of the 5 month build/move.It's important to note also that I am first to respond. I think first responders should be given extra consideration. And as most everyone knows B R is somewhat of a cheapo and any thing from him is a plus. Please consider me because I'm old and probably won't live long enough to brag and crow much anyway.

yours truely SJAbegoodguy.
hilarious!!!! Steve should win straight up right now!!!

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Oh my. An absolute conundrum for my fragile mind. First I confess. I swooned when I saw the first multi-core frame on The Forum by I'll Shoot Your Eye Out. Them came the lust for a Flippin' Out, and then a Hand-Hewn-Hays, and then, and then, and then.... I had convinced myself that EVERYTHING was cooler, faster, better and more amazing that my Original Wire Pocket Rocket from '75. It wasn't until I spied upon Grandpa Grumpy's most accurate slingshot, his Modified F-16, that I felt the calling. Then I saw the works of Tex-Shooter. Somehow in my adult sling-journey I became too cool for my Pocket Rocket, and that truth made me feel sad for my lowly wire sling.
Now I think I have discovered the light at the end of the sling-tunnel. The fact is that a true sling-artist can pop a bullseye with some office bands, a bit of duct tape, a few wire coat hangers and sack of marbles.
But now I endure my most difficult confession. 1738. One Thousand Seven Hundred and Thirty Eight posts here on The Forum. That is more yaking than shooting, and embarrassing at best. This doesn't even include my half-azzed attempt at 'connecting' on The Slingshot Community were my MoJo was not.
However, with that being said I feel that should I win this amazing contest I really wish for one of my sling-commrades to experience this truth that evades most of us that seek the next best technology to help perfect our goal of shooting perfection. Seek the Wire and ye' shall be free!!! MM
a5d705ba3db045e1fe548b97bec00bbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ok, I'll enter, but I'm going to do some edits.

Stock wire-framed slingshots are worthless and modifications are just an attempt to polish a turd, but I've seen a couple that might make me change my mind. They are over-sized, overpowered and just look ugly. Why would I try to modify something like that when I could just go an entirely different direction with a new build? Then again, it might be a fun challenge. They are certainly hard to break. Worst case scenario, they will make great slings to let newbies shoot. Anyway, giveaways are always fun, :woot: and it doesn't hurt to try new things!

I've been busy lately, but if for some reason I do get picked, I will do my best to get the full review done. Thanks for the chance!

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
All inspired by Grandpa Grumpy, Tex-Shooter, JD Waters and Blue Raja!
d1d4466fccb2750132ca0f3998aaa5df.jpg

Thank you MM. F-16 mods are as addictive as potato chips and only half the calories. Encouraging everyone to join in the fun.
I admit I shed a year when I read MIslings post. So I went into the garage and drew up a nifty handle out of pretty wood for my NEXT mod! I can power up all of my slings however I need too, and I am good with ugly when I'm popping targets! My life is devine.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
MIsling's vulgarism is probably best viewed as metaphorical, or possibly allegorical, speech. Ultimately, it is indicative of general lack of understanding amongst slingshot shooters. Understandably, slingshot shooters are a minuscule subset of the shooting sports. Those who mod are a tiny fraction of the minuscule subset.

With this as context, it is incumbent upon us to sing the praises of a modified slingshot. Let us not shed tears of sadness, but rather tears of joy. With just a modicum of polishing, we turn the otherwise neglected and forlorn, sitting in the inaccessible reaches of the retail shelves, gathering dust, yearning to be shot, into shooters accurate enough to go head to head with the grandest of custom slingshots!

Rise up, all modders, in the unity of solidarity, and proudly proclaim "Am I any less of a slingshot shooter because I mod? Does not my wire-frame hit the mark? Is not accuracy all that counts?"

The giveaway remains open. The rules are now relaxed. No need to make any promises, write essays, or even promise to mod. A simple "I'm in" is all it takes to join the fun. Let the floodgates of $8.00 slingshots be opened to all who seek solace and succor in this our time of need!

Who shall be the first amongst you who joins us now, with a simple "I'm in?"

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Okay Blue I am in. However my vote would be to flip a coin between SJAaz and MIsling and see which one of those shooters can pull some magic out of an F-16! If one of those two cannot make the F-16 into an uberproud shooter then I will eviscerate the winner with mockery!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And the winners are.....

SJAaz - first place

MISling - second place

Now Mojave Mo does not have to toss a coin or remember who had heads and who had tails.

PMs sent to our two winners.

The giveaway was more or less a bust - so please just enjoy your prizes - no need to post about anything.

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
And the winners are.....

SJAaz - first place

MISling - second place

Now Mojave Mo does not have to toss a coin or remember who had heads and who had tails.

The giveaway was more or less a bust - so please just enjoy your prizes - no need to post about anything.
I believe it may because we slingers are flush with cash. Who wants to buy a $6.00 F-16 when $250.00 gets you a super sweet n' shiny miracle sling???! Seriously though. I spent $146.00 on an Original SPS owned by the one and only Randy Knapp. I then decided I could 're-condition' it and ended up screwing it up into a $6.00 slingshot. Suffice to say I know which end of the pool I should be swimming in.
Viva La Cheap Sling You!!!

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Sit down winners!! Feast yer' eyes on the Lowly and Homely Daisy-F16! From L to R meet Rocky, Bullwinkle, and Boris. I've shot Boris the most and it is a sweet shooter. The Rocky is up next for the shooting trials. It is an offset grip shooter copied off the Grandpa Grumpy F-16. Bullwinkle is going to age for a couple of weeks before it goes outside.
Let's see what you bring to the game NOW!!?
6ec03d692533f6ae3a7d3985e4bc8954.jpg

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Sit down winners!! Feast yer' eyes on the Lowly and Homely Daisy-F16! From L to R meet Rocky, Bullwinkle, and Boris. I've shot Boris the most and it is a sweet shooter. The Rocky is up next for the shooting trials. It is an offset grip shooter copied off the Grandpa Grumpy F-16. Bullwinkle is going to age for a couple of weeks before it goes outside.

Those are some good looking slings. I think Boris turned out especially nice.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

Those are some good looking slings. I think Boris turned out especially nice.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
And the winners are.....

SJAaz - first place

MISling - second place

I have been studying the BeeGeepers out of Mo's build and wanna try. I didn't think I'd win so I bought an F16 and have been scheming and planning for sometime now. Don't want to shoot my mouth off or my foot, but you guys must have hands like catchers mitts! In my mind, mine is going to be slim and graceful like a ballerina. Float like a butterfly and sting like a 7/16" bee!

Blue Raja your a prince!! Thank you very much. I'mma make you proud!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts