Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Guys and Gals..

With ECST gone, and anything else to far off to really think to much about... It's time to start thinking about doing some online slingshot tournaments like I sponsored in the past.

I have ideas that would work pretty well I think... here's links to contests we've done before...

https://slingshotforum.com/topic/7460-the-pocketpredatorcom-slingshot-shooting-contest

https://slingshotforum.com/topic/10014-the-open-class-pocket-predator-contest

note rules and regs for each and please post your own ideas and so forth to this thread... Also, think what kind of prizes and so forth you'd like as well.

After everything is hammered out, we'll set something up in a week or two and allow entries over a decent course of time.

·
Trying to find my way.
399 Posts
Yeah, the 21' winter competition was real fun. I had to go outside though, 'cause I couldn't find 21' straight distance inside :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm good with the pocketpredator.com rules. Is there any way to add a can cut to the competition as a separate event? I know the videos might be long depending on the number of shots it takes. A limit could be set on the maximum number of shots and maximum amount of time for an entry. Anything over 50 shots (?) and 10 minutes (?) wouldn't be eligible. Lowest number of shots and shortest time will win. Standard 12 ounce aluminum drink can. I'm just throwing those numbers out there. I'm not really sure what a reasonable shot count and average time is for a can cut as I usually cut mine in two or three sessions over a couple days and only recently started keeping an accurate shots/ hits count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'd love to be in this, just got my new black g10 Topshot to do this :). How about we print out a target (not sure the size) and take two shots from 5 meters then step back to 10 meters and take another two shots and finally two more at 15 meters and tally up our scores?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would most likely participate in whatever is set up. Like others, I enjoyed the 21' winter comp, but paper targets would be good to draw some us out of our comfort zones.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, so what I'm gathering so far is, paper would be alright for most.... now we'll have to think what we want printed on that paper, and from what distance, time and shot count we're after.

When I was a kid we would commonly shoot for group size... something like that might be an idea to think about as well.... maybe, 10 shots in a max of 2 minutes, shooting at paper that's glued or taped to cardboard, or maybe some aluminum foil on top so that it'd be easier to tell.... like I say, just spitballing here...

Alternatively, the paper doesn't have to have a target printed on it... could be a coke can (of diminishing sizes, starting with standard going down to an inch high) or any of a myriad of different things.... maybe shooting at a Covid 19 drawing might appeal.... use your imagination and let's come up with something unique and fun!

As for when it starts... when we get a definite idea of what to do (target, time, shots fired), prizes to be awarded, and anything else that might come up... then probably in a week or so, and contest runs for a minimum of 2 weeks a max of a month... something like that

·
Registered
477 Posts
How about an actual bean can 10 shot 3 minutes for a 33, 44, and 55 feet category with 1,2, and 3 points per hit respectively.

Paper plate with a one in center bulls eye and 1 inch rings moving out from that. at 33 feet 5 shots 2 minutes 5 points for a bullseye minus 1 point moving out from there.

A fastest can cut from 22 feet

A plastic soda bottle cap from 33 feet no time or shot limit you lose one point per miss up to all the points you have gained up to that event.

Point total would look something like
33 foot bean can max 10
44 foot bean can max 20
55 food bean can max 30
Paper plate 33 feet max 25
Total =75
Then the bottle cap is worth 20 when hit
The can cut is just for fun
Perfect score would be 95 points

So five days one event per day video submission with the same recording rules as the iscor shootings.

It's got a little something for everyone its easy enough but challenging enough and I'm sure we can work out prizes or a trophy of some sort between all the smarts we have collected here

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
How about an actual bean can 10 shot 3 minutes for a 33, 44, and 55 feet category with 1,2, and 3 points per hit respectively.

Paper plate with a one in center bulls eye and 1 inch rings moving out from that. at 33 feet 5 shots 2 minutes 5 points for a bullseye minus 1 point moving out from there.

A fastest can cut from 22 feet

A plastic soda bottle cap from 33 feet no time or shot limit you lose one point per miss up to all the points you have gained up to that event.

Point total would look something like
33 foot bean can max 10
44 foot bean can max 20
55 food bean can max 30
Paper plate 33 feet max 25
Total =75
Then the bottle cap is worth 20 when hit
The can cut is just for fun
Perfect score would be 95 points

So five days one event per day video submission with the same recording rules as the iscor shootings.

It's got a little something for everyone its easy enough but challenging enough and I'm sure we can work out prizes or a trophy of some sort between all the smarts we have collected here
Remember all these competition videos need to be fairly short in duration. All these videos have to be watched by a judge. If you check out some of the other Pocket Predator Challenges you will see there were several competitors each submitting several videos. In the past the contest the contest ran for a month to give every body a chance to compete. That's a lot of videos. So the no time limit soda bottle cap shooting thing is probably not going to work out. Probably can cutting videos would be too long also.

In the past Bill asked for people to submit as many videos as they wished and to post them on YouTube. The idea being that more people would see them and promote slingshots.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In light of the fact that can cut videos and multiple video submissions would be too long or excessive, I retract my previous suggestion of a can cut event.

I really like the idea of the can print paper target.

·
Registered
477 Posts
So lets move forward with the can shaped paper target idea. That gives us all the same target how many shots in how much time or how do we want to proceed with that.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts