Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meh... If it were looped bands specific - but for £60 you can get a G10 one which I think is actually better as its CNC'd in-house. But at £13 for a plastic one I'm probably always going to swing that way.
No arguments here Matt (we agree on both points), but you gotta admit it LOOKS GOOD in that aluminum!

If only the Phoxx were bigger. I think a 110/120% Phoxx would fit me just fine.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
I don't mind the size so much actually. Even with my gorilla hands.

The alloy one looks awesome. Though for me the casting and polishing makes it look less refined than the plastic ones. Also hate the font PS uses to number them. Looks like an afterthought. But I'm very critical of that sort of thing.

I'm surprised Simon didn't CNC a mould for them to cast from. Think it would have been so much better. And if the no's were punched in rather than sandblasted. The first few alloy frames that were made I guess were cnc'd by simon and looked insane.

·
Banned
193 Posts
Wish I had not clicked on that link. Now that is what a Unipox should look like. Not much impressed with the original plastic but really like my Tripwire Unipox clone made from thick HDPE and TTF only. That aluminum allow cast frame might feel like you've got something substantial in your hand. Anyone want to send me a surprise Christmas package that one would be just fine. Just PM me and I'll give you my address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts