Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
"I posted this and was PM'd buy Member and called a bias hypocrite. What's your opinion?"

My opinion: the member who PM'd you does not understand either of the words "biased" (unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something) or "hypocrite" (a person who indulges in hypocrisy, which is defined as the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense).

As previously stated, explaining forum rules is stating the truth. We are members here and our posts are subject to censorship. That's how moderated chat forums work.

What KawKan said - time to talk about slingshots!

·
See The Target
22,202 Posts
" What KawKan said - time to talk about slingshots! "

Alrighty then .I just ordered the Pocket Predator Taurus pre-sale deal . Three slingshots for $30 bucks . It always gets my blood flowing when I have slingmail on the way ..

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts

Alrighty then .I just ordered the Pocket Predator Taurus pre-sale deal . Three slingshots for $30 bucks . It always gets my blood flowing when I have slingmail on the way ..
I feel like I've got too many frames to shoot as it is, but man, I'm really tempted to get the OTT version. They look so comfortable!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

I feel like I've got too many frames to shoot as it is, but man, I'm really tempted to get the OTT version. They look so comfortable!
Put my order in as well. Got way too many slingshots to shoot, too many bands to experiment with and too many pouches to try. At least I settled on 3/8 ammo, unless I am shooting marbles or paintballs. Then there is the bucket full of plywood cuts in various stages of completion. And of course an F16 to modify.

Regardless, I could not pass on the opportunity to purchase 3 Slingshots for $30. Looking forward to seeing what everyone here thinks about them.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Ironically - when I delete posts outright its because they are usually biased :)

The forum's rules are pretty straightforward. Most members who transgress get a very polite warning (in some cases a few). Outright banning only happens with serial infractions, unless its pure spamming.

Its probably at least a year since we had any real friction between members - and the forum itself is fairly amicable currently, and a pleasant place to share.

The 'other' issue I have noticed is being the forum is international - the majority of members however are American (which is fine), however often the wanting to post American-based content (Political, Racial, Sexist etc.) and the gratuitous use of the freedom of speech (own opinions), can be a little frustrating for non-US based members (eg. its not like UK members are posting loads of Brexit related content). Keep the content relevant to the forum and be aware how other members may read and feel towards your comments. I will instantly delete outright anything I feel could be demeaning or hurtful period. Keep your non-forum related views to Facebook or other social media.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Well said MattWalt.. I know how easy it is to get "just a little to cute". What I think is witty very well may turn out to be hurtful to another. If I get out of line please call me on it.

Onward and upward... I just order a 10 pack of green bands from PP. Am trying to improve accuracy by moving to lighter bands.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Guess I missed that one.

:woot: :target:

Reactions: Tag

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,405 Posts
well said and put @mattwalt.......one of the main reasons I joined is how open and honestly generous most folks were about

sharing sling related content, and really, isn't that the common ground of why we are all here ?

Nail on the head........ :twocents:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts