Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie from Florida and would like to ask how you guys feel about a Dankung Cougar? I have heard that it fits most hand sizes and is one of the most popular Dankung models. I already own a Dankung Agile Toucan but I find it somewhat uncomfortable and I was hoping that the Cougar might fit my hand a little better. Any opinions or suggestions would be great!

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
The cougar is great. Probably one of the best slingshots you can buy. I love the original cougar design.

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
the cougar is nice, but my fav is the black dragon, its second from left. plus the one next to it is the golden beetle. the frames on both are close to the frame size on the Jim Harris SPS, plus because they are flat they dont have any roll in the hand. the rounded ones seem to grip off centered more, so they can need adjustment just before a shot, while the SPS and the flat shooters seem like they know where to sit.
IMG_0028.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I guess I'll purchase the Cougar now. The Black Dragon (I think it's actually called the Scorpion) will be the next one I'm getting. Thanks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Most chinese stainless slingshots seem to benefit from a built up handle....Wood could be cut , epoxied, and shaped to form a contoured grip...Fimo oven bake clay can be formed into a perfect shape to fit your grip....Or you might simply wrap rubber tubing or strips of inner tube over a padded foam grip...There are a variety of practical ways to make chinese stainless steel slingshots comfortable in your hand...

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,302 Posts
Most chinese stainless slingshots seem to benefit from a built up handle....Wood could be cut , epoxied, and shaped to form a contoured grip...Fimo oven bake clay can be formed into a perfect shape to fit your grip....Or you might simply wrap rubber tubing or strips of inner tube over a padded foam grip...There are a variety of practical ways to make chinese stainless steel slingshots comfortable in your hand...
That:s so true here is what I did to one of mine http://slingshotforum.com/topic/16341-adding-a-wooden-handle-to-my-dankung/

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
as you can see in my photo i did the same, build a frame around my Bithor, it did make it more like an traditional american frame, but i sold that one, for me the beauty of the chinese style is that they are smaller, thinner, more pocketable.

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,563 Posts
The cougar is great. Probably one of the best slingshots you can buy. I love the original cougar design.
I'm glad you said that -I'm expecting mine to arrive tomorrow.

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,563 Posts
Alright, I guess I'll purchase the Cougar now. The Black Dragon (I think it's actually called the Scorpion) will be the next one I'm getting. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum, fellow Floridian. I'm expecting my Cougar tomorrow.

She's only 18 years older than me.

:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts