Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shooting the PSTS exclusively now, as part of the 4 month challenge, and I am curious about your opinion on this frame.
I do plan to write a review of it of course.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never shot one or held one .Seen pictures . Looks to be a basic ergo cousin of the Ranger or Scout ect .
I think it borrows more from the ranger than the scout.
I will open a thread about it with detailed pics :)

·
Registered
605 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here you are, pics for your satisfaction!
As you see, it has very wide fork tips, and the forks are so low that heavy bands are a non issue for the frame holding hand, especially combined with the straight wrist.
I find very comfortable, and holding it the same everytime is very easy and intuitive. Following through is also a joke, as your wrist is straight, and it's hard to throw the shot :) Similar to a Scorpion really, only it isn't pinch grip but finger brace. Oh, it can be held in a pinch grip too, it's just a bit wide to be really comfortable that way, but it's very doable.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
PSTS reminds me of a Haresplitter lite. I might be wrong, but as I remember Ambrose Draper (one of the designers of the PSTS) was shooting a Haresplitter earlier.

Haresplitter Lite is a smaller version of the original Haresplitter (straight wrist concept) both by Nathan Masters.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PSTS reminds me of a Haresplitter lite. I might be wrong, but as I remember Abmrose Draper (one of the designers of the PSTS) was shooting a Haresplitter earlier.

Haresplitter Lite is a smaller version of the original Haresplitter (straight wrist concept) both by Nathan Masters.
It reminds you the Hairsplitter lite because they are almost like twins ????
I was considering both, but the PSTS won me over because it has the curve the other way round, so purely aesthetic reasons! The concept is pretty much the same though, so I expect they shoot and feel very similar.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've owned my PSTS for about a month and a half and as I've mentioned in other threads. It's the most comfortable shooter I own. It fits very well and I like the almost straight wrist hold. Aiming and pointing feel a little more natural with this hand hold. I've been using light bands to accommodate the wide forks, 7/8 to 5/8 taper (22mm to 16mm). Precise Orange and Yellow to be 'precise' :) . My days of shooting double, one inch Theraband Gold straight cuts are pretty much over.

My accuracy has been very good with the PSTS. With my ten shot strings, I average 8 to 9 hits on a three centimeter AGS spinner at 25 feet.

As far as the Haresplitter, I owned one several years ago. It's hard to judge how a slingshot is going to feel by pictures, but the Harespliitter didn't last long. Shortly after purchasing it, it went up for sale here in the classifieds at a discount. While they look the same, they are not. The grip area was too small and my fingers were bunched up. And I have small hands.

You made a good choice with the PSTS.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I've owned my PSTS for about a month and a half and as I've mentioned in other threads. It's the most comfortable shooter I own. It fits very well and I like the almost straight wrist hold. Aiming and pointing feel a little more natural with this hand hold. I've been using light bands to accommodate the wide forks, 7/8 to 5/8 taper (22mm to 16mm). Precise Orange and Yellow to be 'precise' :) . My days of shooting double, one inch Theraband Gold straight cuts are pretty much over.

My accuracy has been very good with the PSTS. With my ten shot strings, I average 8 to 9 hits on a three centimeter AGS spinner at 25 feet.

As far as the Haresplitter, I owned one several years ago. It's hard to judge how a slingshot is going to feel by pictures, but the Harespliitter didn't last long. Shortly after purchasing it, it went up for sale here in the classifieds at a discount. While they look the same, they are not. The grip area was too small and my fingers were bunched up. And I have small hands.

You made a good choice with the PSTS.
Thanks for sharing this, I've mulled over the pictures of both on the Proshot UK site and they look like clone variants of each other so I was never quite sure which one to get. This clarifies it for me and if I ever want to get one, it'll be the PSTS.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The frame's curve direction is what offers the comfort. More surface contact with the PSTS I guess.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love all my TTF frames, but PSTS is the only OTT frame, that I really like to shoot with and I'm thinking about buying third :screwy:
A third?!?! You really like this frame :) Yeah, I like it a lot too. It's very comfortable! It is like the ott Scorpion ????

Reactions: Tag
1 - 20 of 21 Posts