Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure about everyone else, but the weather here in the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area has been terrible. For the past couple of weeks we've had temps in the mid 90's with heat indecies aound 105*. Walking outside feels like you're stepping into an oven. After the sun goes down just standing outside you'll start to sweat. I'm really looking forward to a break in the heat so I can start shooting again, as well as working in my shop, which truly feels like an oven right now. Stay cool !!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's been in the 100's here in DFW. Not bad for August. I think we escaped July with one or two 100 degree days, so I'm happy. The UV index seems high though. My dog stays in her little pool all day now in the shade of a large tree.

Personally I think we are weak fleshed and air conditioning is the culprit. Also I think to much cement is hurting many cities. I live 30 minutes in the country from my parents that live in the city/suburbs. There is anywhere from 5 to 10 degree difference cooler in the country.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's been a cold to mild summer here in N. Central California. When I was up in the mountains camping last week, it got down to 42 at night. I was at around 6,000' elevation. The fawns that I saw looked like they were just dropped; the size of a Sheltie dog. The ranger said they had a late spring and snow really held on. At the moment it is 63 and the high is expected to be 77. Not bad!

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
It has broken 90 in New Hampshire this summer however it usually isnt that bad. I was in Virginia a few weeks ago and it was 106 I thought I was going to melt! Glad to be back in NH ..... until the snow starts.

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
Well ,over here in the Metro New York area,it is an oven! Hottest summer on record and still over half of August to go! Enough! I can't work in my shed on frames because my sweat is fouling the sandpaper!!!
Flatband

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
Well ,over here in the Metro New York area,it is an oven! Hottest summer on record and still over half of August to go! Enough! I can't work in my shed on frames because my sweat is fouling the sandpaper!!!
Flatband
I imagine it would be hard to shoot in that area as well?

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
Man, you got that right Recurve! When i try to shoot,I have to check the surrounding neighbors first to see who's out and hanging around. Too many people,then it's in the car to a few places to see if anyone is hanging around those spots. If crowded there,then on my way to a sure thing-a friends warehouse! A/C,fans and no people-no worries ( just the occasional ricochet hittng his merchandise! OOPS! Flatband

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
... I can't work in my shed on frames because my sweat is fouling the sandpaper!!!
Flatband
Yeah...or sweat contaminating an aluminum frame that was just prepped. Mosquitos are bad right now as well. Seems like I'm buying "OFF" once a week.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.