Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
My collection was overtaking my table for band work, and it drove me to finally do something to organize/display the slingshots I have.

It was efficient for now and I like how well it is doing what I need.

Now, I will make a couple more so that I don't double stack a different but similar size a slingshot behind another.

The holes are roughly 1 3/8 and 1 1/2 on center. Don't ask how they became alternate. I made the holes big enough that the pegs can be moved to accommodate a slingshot that needs the closer pegs 1 1/2 inch apart on center or ones better suited to a 3 in. on center (actually 2 7/8). This will accommodate an ever growing and changing collection.

Hope this adds to your ideas of managing your collection.

What have you done? I will be interested to see what you guys have done as I am always open to new ideas.

Wood Art Visual arts Metal Font

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
VERY NICE RAY! I don't have much room at all so I keep my collection in boxes in the attic crawl space. The Slingshots that I currently use are in a bag nearby. I would love to be able to hang them up but just am limited space wise. They look nice hanging up! Flatband

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
VERY NICE RAY! I don't have much room at all so I keep my collection in boxes in the attic crawl space. The Slingshots that I currently use are in a bag nearby. I would love to be able to hang them up but just am limited space wise. They look nice hanging up! Flatband
I guess I am still infatuated with slingshots and still testing the various ones I have, to learn which will suit me the best. And I like each for it's own character. It keeps things interesting. While I still have room in my office I'll display/organize them and work on the bands there.

I am guessing the "Sweetie" of yours isn't into a full out display of slingshots in the Dining or Family room, ehh?

For some women it is the same as the head of a dead animal on the wall. LoL

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thats cool Ray. Id like to display mine but doupt I could get away with it upstairs. But the basement is my domain (she calls it my cave. LOL) So I think Ill do something like that down here.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Hmmmm, I think that everybody should have at least a couple of dozen. I know that I do and think that is just normal. My wife says that if you would cut my head open, all you would find would be flips.
-- Tex

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Nice, Ray. The walls in my home office could look like that. But I don't have many "pretty" slingshots like you do.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
That's a tremendous collection that you have there. I see lots of very desirable frames by Bunny Buster, Flatband, Dankung, fish and others. You need one by pallan65, and the other commercial members.

I really like the carved handle hanging between pegs 7 & 8 from the left. What is that? I bet that shoots very well.

Almost all your frames are fairly traditional Y-forks. You should try something radically asymmetrical with a handle that has a 45°sideways cant and some offset too.

I am so happy that you get to display your frames. So few people have the freedom to display their gear and much fewer have a collection like yours!

All I have is a hook in the shop to play with, a couple on the gear pile beside my bed and the rest I gave away. That way, I always have new stuff to play with and keep some favourites standing by, but the collection stays small and I get to spread the joy about a bit.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a tremendous collection that you have there. I see lots of very desirable frames by Bunny Buster, Flatband, Dankung, fish and others. You need one by pallan65, and the other commercial members.

I really like the carved handle hanging between pegs 7 & 8 from the left. What is that? I bet that shoots very well.

Almost all your frames are fairly traditional Y-forks. You should try something radically asymmetrical with a handle that has a 45°sideways cant and some offset too.

I am so happy that you get to display your frames. So few people have the freedom to display their gear and much fewer have a collection like yours!

All I have is a hook in the shop to play with, a couple on the gear pile beside my bed and the rest I gave away. That way, I always have new stuff to play with and keep some favourites standing by, but the collection stays small and I get to spread the joy about a bit.
The one between 7 & 8 is the same design as the light colored one in the middle, with shorter forks. It starts from a 1 1/2 inch thick piece of wood and has some curves on the sideways profile. I posted it a while back.

I am about to try some new designs, different from what you see. I am pretty new to slingshots so I was trying to determine what suits my hand, style etc best. So far the one in the middle (my personal custom) and Bunny Busters you see in the post, I am most successful with. Though now, I am finding it easier to use a foreign design to me and be more accurate right away.'

By the way, I am very favorable to your designs and artistry. My hat is off to you for what you are making. In fact I have to wrestle with the desire to want what you have made they are so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts