Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I posted some frames to trade that were too big for my hands. What I was looking for was something smaller...like Pickle Fork Shooters. Beanflip offered to make me a PFS from the beautiful Osage Orange boards that he had posted earlier. Of course I jumped at the chance. I boxed up the Seal Sniper and sent it off, thinking a one for one trade was pretty fair and all was good. Well...poor Beanflip got the short end of this trade. Here is what he sent me:

Glove Wood Font Gesture Pattern

This little fork fits my hand like a glove. I have some light bands let aside for it already. It is going to stay as is...the bark gives a good texture for a strong grip.
Hand Finger Gesture Thumb Wood

This Big Pickle is large...I can see it becoming a dedicated tube shooter...I really like tube shooters.
Comfort Gesture Finger Knee Wood

The original PFS My first made to the original specs. I really like the burnt in lines.
Gesture Finger Thumb Creative arts Nail

An Osage Orange Vee. I didn't think I would want one...I was wrong...its comfortable and I love the color and grain.
Gesture Finger Thumb Nail Wood

Everyone of these are now a valued part of my growing collection. I just hope Beanflip likes his end of the trade, 'cause I know I like mine.

Happy Shooting

Todd

Attachments

· Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
10,979 Posts
Todd, that's a nice little brace of forks there. Ol' Beanflip is a good craftsman. He just doesn't like posting his stuff. He's also a good shooter. Congratulations, man.

· Premium Member
1,869 Posts
AWESOME! Beanflip's got it goin' on.. That V is neato mosquito. It takes me a while to make a shooter, or I would try to weasel a trade myself.
Good score, Todd! I had to upgrade to the bigger Pelican to hold my pickle fork collection. A big ol' jar would be more appropriate, but it would let in the light and spoil my rubber.
Happy shooting to you too.

· Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Yup, I can see joy coming out of each of those shooters. Congrats on the addition to your collection. You're gonna be busy for a while with them, and the osage is a beaut. tfs

· HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
7,735 Posts
The OO pfs has no finish and nearly zero sanding. But it looks very cool.
seriously ? it sure looks like its finished, sanded, and polished . i need to add osage orange to my list .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.