Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Bill Hays does very well with TTF. Here is a video of him hitting a pop can from 400'.

You have to find a design that fits well with your shooting style. I shot OTT for over 10 years and still enjoy this style. A few months ago I gave TTF a serious attempt and I'm enjoying it. From my experience I find TTF gives me less flyers, has a better feel during band recoil, good accuracy (10-20 yds), and never any handslaps. I found a TTF frame that let's me hold with straight wrist like a recurve bow. I still enjoy OTT but now have a fresh opinion on TTF. Once the snow leaves I'll be able to compare OTT and TTF for long distance shots to see which I prefer.

Some frames will allow you to use both band attachment methods to compare (universal fork tips). Some designs have fixed forks but are available in both OTT and TTF versions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bill Hays does very well with TTF. Here is a video of him hitting a pop can from 400'.

You have to find a design that fits well with your shooting style. I shot OTT for over 10 years and still enjoy this style. A few months ago I gave TTF a serious attempt and I'm enjoying it. From my experience I find TTF gives me less flyers, has a better feel during band recoil, good accuracy (10-20 yds), and never any handslaps. I found a TTF frame that let's me hold with straight wrist like a recurve bow. I still enjoy OTT but now have a fresh opinion on TTF. Once the snow leaves I'll be able to compare OTT and TTF for long distance shots to see which I prefer.

Some frames will allow you to use both band attachment methods to compare (universal fork tips). Some designs have fixed forks but are available in both OTT and TTF versions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bill is a great inovator and a great shot. His process goes deeper than just shooting straight. His frames just plain work. I read something he wrote that the greatest accuracy can be achieved with a purpose built ttf frame. But, he can rule with ott as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bill is a great inovator and a great shot. His process goes deeper than just shooting straight. His frames just plain work. I read something he wrote that the greatest accuracy can be achieved with a purpose built ttf frame. But, he can rule with ott as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I learned using TTF, but the band kept hitting my thumb when I shot and it was constantly sore, so I switched to OTT. I can't tell a difference in accuracy between the two. I've gotten better using OTT, but that is most likely just general improvement.

I think for me, it's easier to line up the band for aiming with OTT, but I don't think the difference is much.

I doubt very seriously there's any inherent accuracy difference, just a difference in the way the shooter interfaces with the equipment.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Personally I prefer ttf. That might just be because I have way more practice with ttf though. I feel like ott is a bit more temperamental with regards to my form and release and so on. I also get no handslap with ttf regardless of what band/ammo configuration I use. If I want to shoot "well" I would go ttf l, but I'm finding Ott to be fun being as its a bit different for me and makes a change.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.