Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know, the title is a cliche and a bit of a bait ????
I just wanted to say that as much as I try to settle on shooting ott or ttf exclusively, I just can't. I simply shoot both disciplines the same. Yes, I flip, slightly, when shooting ott, while I keep the frame perfectly still when shooting ttf. I adjust the point where the bands touch my cheek, as the Scorpion is wider than the lbs, but aside from those differences, accuracy wise, I just shoot them the same. Ok, maybe, and thats a big maybe, there is a very very tiny edge to ttf, but that edge is lower than my ability to have a bad shot, so it only becomes apparent when I am at a perfect shooting day.
Dammit, I guess I just have to shoot both styles ????

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More styles , more designs , more bands and more ammo equals more fun !
Lol yeah! It is just so much fun shooting the different styles, that I am switching from the Scorpion to its polar opposite, the lbs, an ott narrow fork frame, constantly!

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
981 Posts
I congratulate Skropi on choosing such a unifying topic and staying away from divisive subject material :)

I've enjoyed shooting both, and I don't see a huge edge for one or the other. While on paper I feel like TTF has an advantage, I don't know if that ever really shows up in the field. I used to play baseball with guys who had the ugliest swings: poor form, big wasted movements, etc. But they could stroke the ball farther than I ever could. Their form, although inefficient on paper, worked for them just fine. I suspect the same holds true for the OTT vs. TTF crowds.

Reactions: Tag and Hulla Baloo

·
Aimstinctivist
881 Posts
Flaming conservative!

OMG this means there are, staunch liberals!

Mikey, not to attempt indoctrination, but I think you've been around this website long enough to determine that TTFs are a more refined lot- thus your drift toward us... It's only natural. But keep in mind that I think the caste system should be based on height.

·
See The Target
21,988 Posts
Lol yeah! It is just so much fun shooting the different styles, that I am switching from the Scorpion to its polar opposite, the lbs, an ott narrow fork frame, constantly!
The things you post and are discovering show you're really getting it . I suspect you're a very good shot .

·
See The Target
21,988 Posts
Have you gotten a haircut yet? :)

Alright then. Skropi's always been one for straight talk so here it is. TTFs are staunch conservatives and OTT's are flaming liberals.

Let the debate begin: :bouncy:
If you're talking to me the answer is yes . I regret cutting my hair because my accuracy has really suffered and my strength has diminished quite a bit . I'm in the process of growing it back . Things are getting better every week that passes . :)

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts

Alright then. Skropi's always been one for straight talk so here it is. TTFs are staunch conservatives and OTT's are flaming liberals.

Hahahaha....I identify as a PFS/OTT/TTF/Frameless flipster.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

If you're talking to me the answer is yes . I regret cutting my hair because my accuracy has really suffered and my strength has diminished quite a bit . I'm in the process of growing it back . Things are getting better every week that passes . :)
He is referring to me, and I am also in the process of growing it ????
Oh, Treefork, you did look great with long hair ????

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The things you post and are discovering show you're really getting it . I suspect you're a very good shot .
Thanks for the vow of confidence! Truth be told, now I shoot way better and more consistently than I ever did! Oh, and with less effort. Yep, when the focus is on relaxing and having fun, all good things happen :)

·
See The Target
21,988 Posts
Thanks for the vow of confidence! Truth be told, now I shoot way better and more consistently than I ever did! Oh, and with less effort. Yep, when the focus is on relaxing and having fun, all good things happen :)
It's the long hair . That's the secret . :whisper:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I bring out my TTF when im tired of hand slaps. Yeah i know match ammo and bands, but i like to shoot different size ammo, or what ever i got in my pocket. So the bands are on the strong side. I think someone mentioned in another post that a top slotted forks eliminates hand slaps on a OTT?

/Uba

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bring out my TTF when im tired of hand slaps. Yeah i know match ammo and bands, but i like to shoot different size ammo, or what ever i got in my pocket. So the bands are on the strong side. I think someone mentioned in another post that a top slotted forks eliminates hand slaps on a OTT?

/Uba
You can also reduce handslaps a lot by tweaking your technique a bit. Some wrist flip and/or a smoother/different release.
I really dont know how exactly I do it, but I dont get handslap, and I am not very particular in matching ammo to the bands.
I do er on the side of lightness, where bands are considered, so that could also help a lot.

Reactions: Tag
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.