Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Cromag was kind enough to send me some replacement Shedua for my dinked up fork. Before I cut into it though I thought it might be worth trying my hand at repairing the fork hit first, knowing that if I messed it up I had a replacement piece to fall back on.
Here are a few of the before pics:
Wood Gesture Finger Material property Tints and shades

Cutting mat Green Black Wood Guitar accessory

Cutting mat Finger Wood Material property Nail

Gesture Finger Thumb Wood Elbow

Hand Gesture Wood Finger Thumb

And here are the after pics!

Helmet Gadget Automotive tire Wood Body jewelry

Finger Material property Font Thumb Natural material

Body jewelry Wood Wedding ceremony supply Wrist Jewellery

Musical instrument Wood Sock Glove Wool

Finger Wood Thumb Nail Metal

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great work! Looks nice and clean and good call on the repair before going deeper with it.
Thanks bud. Yeah I can probably polish it up a bit more but I might just leave it. Steam, CA Glue, and a jewelers needle file. Scorched it juuuuust a little bit but fortunately it matches the grain 🙂.

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
988 Posts
Thanks bud. Yeah I can probably polish it up a bit more but I might just leave it. Steam, CA Glue, and a jewelers needle file. Scorched it juuuuust a little bit but fortunately it matches the grain 🙂.
That's good brother if they were me I would leave it I always try to go further than mess things up LOL

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice job!! A great skill to add to your toolbox!
Thanks Cass! I have to say I actually had fun screwing about with it. Makes it easier when you know you have replacement parts, of course 😊. I was telling John I need to get into making these, I don’t have a spindle sander or anything like that so they would be completely hand made, as a matter of fact cut with a jewelers saw, but maybe that could work to my advantage if they looked nice? I need to plan a bit. Oh and buy epoxy. And core material. And wood. 😆

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
988 Posts
Thanks Cass! I have to say I actually had fun screwing about with it. Makes it easier when you know you have replacement parts, of course 😊. I was telling John I need to get into making these, I don’t have a spindle sander or anything like that so they would be completely hand made, as a matter of fact cut with a jewelers saw, but maybe that could work to my advantage if they looked nice? I need to plan a bit. Oh and buy epoxy. And core material. And wood. 😆
Nothing wrong with completely hand made. That's how all of my frames are done. I need a good sander though.

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
So Cromag was kind enough to send me some replacement Shedua for my dinked up fork. Before I cut into it though I thought it might be worth trying my hand at repairing the fork hit first, knowing that if I messed it up I had a replacement piece to fall back on.
Here are a few of the before pics:
View attachment 356498
View attachment 356502
View attachment 356501
View attachment 356499
View attachment 356500

And here are the after pics!

View attachment 356503
View attachment 356507
View attachment 356505
View attachment 356504
View attachment 356506

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks for looking!
Nice! You should be proud of that repair. Now keep your balls off of it!!😆

1 - 17 of 17 Posts