Slingshots Forum banner

Ouch!

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  akiva9999 
#1 ·
Decided to try frameless, and DANG do "fork" hits hurt! Just glad I was shooting .177 bb's instead of 3/8 steel!

dbcb36c3e52f530f55300aa56c8fb4e3.jpg

Also, forgive the nails.... 4 daughters ranging in age from 20 down to 13 in the house (plus the wife) and wouldn't you know, but all my clippers have disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Ouch indeed. :( For me bbs are actually harder to control than 3/8s are. I have hit my hand a few times with bbs and boy do they hurt, which I'm sure you can confirm. Someone suggested aluminium foil balls when starting out to me and they just sting and don't hurt so much.

#3 ·
Ouch indeed. :( For me bbs are actually harder to control than 3/8s are. I have hit my hand a few times with bbs and boy do they hurt, which I'm sure you can confirm. Someone suggested aluminium foil balls when starting out to me and they just sting and don't hurt so much.
Thanks.... I'll have to remember that. I was playing with 3/8 and bb's and liked the performance of the bb's better, but I changed to a different band set with a smaller draw, and there went the nail.

#9 ·
well u nailed it B) u have to pay full attention to the shot what went wrong ? bad release not squared up the band slip.
Yeah, band felt like it was rolling, so I stuck my finger out RIGHT on release on reflex. I was trying to tell my finger not to move, and tell my other fingers not to open, but they weren't listening

#11 ·
Decided to try frameless, and DANG do "fork" hits hurt! Just glad I was shooting .177 bb's instead of 3/8 steel!

Also, forgive the nails.... 4 daughters ranging in age from 20 down to 13 in the house (plus the wife) and wouldn't you know, but all my clippers have disappeared.

Oops.
Which bands (with which length) do you use to shoot bbs.
I always have the problem with 1632, that i get handslaps.

#12 ·
That looks utterly painful: did exactly that myself once with a .177 BB using a homemade folded A-4 paper slingshot. Ice, lots of ice was need to stop the marked swelling under the thumbnail...oh, did I mention the swearing session that ensued?

Oh yes, frameless shooting indeed sounds intriguing and "cool" at first, the Chinese shooters on YouTube make it look so easy :hmm:, don't they, and Dankung were even so kind as to send me one of their stainless ring-type frames for that purpose, along with an order I made.

Did I ever use it? Err...no, but it makes a great paper weight :D.

Think I'll stick to nice classic slingshot frames, as my fingers seem to prefer it that way...hmm.

#14 ·
ya i had that happen to just i missed the nail . it will get better i am only 6 moths or so into it and doing ok . i think u have to expect a hand hit or two in the start . just keep at it ! and best of luck
It's some scary stuff! I think this was about my 10th shot shooting frameless, and maybe the third on this bandset with a much smaller draw than my first rig.... trying to play around with what works best for me frameless

#15 ·

Oops.
Which bands (with which length) do you use to shoot bbs.
I always have the problem with 1632, that i get handslaps.
It's 16/32, and the rig that did the damage is 6.5 "..... I was having much better luck with my other rig that is like 9 inches, but I'm playing around with different lengths to get what feels right

#17 ·
I practiced a while only dry fire to the point that I don't get hit with the pouch ("fork" hand relaxed so that I flick more naturally). Thereafter I practiced short distance (5 meter) with no target to concentrate on my form only. Then I added an old key for a target. Here is a link where I learned this sequence.

So far no fork hits, but if I feel even a little tired, I stop since this will affect my form.

#18 ·
I practiced a while only dry fire to the point that I don't get hit with the pouch ("fork" hand relaxed so that I flick more naturally). Thereafter I practiced short distance (5 meter) with no target to concentrate on my form only. Then I added an old key for a target. Here is a link where I learned this sequence.

So far no fork hits, but if I feel even a little tired, I stop since this will affect my form.
I'd been wanting to try frameless for a while, and this video is what made me pull the trigger.... I've put about 100 shots down range since this picture, and not a single mishap... some people have to learn Fire is hot by being burned and I guess I'm one of them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.