Slingshots Forum banner

Over draw and Under draw

705 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ngcyee 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am having consistency issue. Like most newbies we tend to try to pull as hard as we can and we tend to over draw our shots. When we relax we under draw and the shots drops just before the targets. Any suggestion and tips I can look at.

Andy

#4 ·
I feel your pain????. Most days I shoot pretty well for my level of experience. Tonight I was completely off and couldn't seem to find the groove at all. Usually if I can settle down and shoot a bit looser things start to work again. My misses are normally in the same area. My anchor point is pretty solid, but I'm still trying to find a consistent aiming point on the frame. No real advice, just sharing the issues I have. I can definitely say that if I begin to get frustrated, it almost always goes downhill from there. Good luck!

Charles

#6 ·
My problem was always overthinking my shooting form. It doesn’t matter what shooting sport, I always try too hard. The one sport I do better at is shooting clay pigeons. They throw the clay pigeon and I instinctively shoot it. I couldn’t tell you how I do it. Let us know how you are getting along.

#10 ·
I definitely second having a beer before shooting. Relax everything and just enjoy yourself the little bit of alcohol helps. What helped me in a lot of ways was going extremely like bands. Like going to 9 in active drawing on a 32in full extension. I was able to truly focus on form and not have to worry at all about holding the ammo. I stand a little closer six or seven yards away the ammo moves very slow, but it also allows me to see exactly what it's doing and I have no problem holding 6 or 7 lb of draw length weight. This is the way I found my true Anchor Point. I found my groove with very light bands and for me a shot of bourbon.

Cheers

#11 ·
My problem was always overthinking my shooting form. It doesn't matter what shooting sport, I always try too hard. The one sport I do better at is shooting clay pigeons. They throw the clay pigeon and I instinctively shoot it. I couldn't tell you how I do it. Let us know how you are getting along.
I am getting better now with more practice and watch catapult carnage video, "how to shoot a slingshoot in 7 steps". The part where he says let the bands do the job.
Now able to do 6-7 out of 10 shots at 10 meters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.