Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, I want to thank each and everyone of you for being you. Kindest group I ever met. Your generosity is unmatched. And I have had some health and personal issues and this forum (you people) has brightened my darker days.

Not neccesarily in order as my memory is not to be trusted.

From a trade woth a very patient Stringslap. Pics 1-3...I dig the OPFS and may have to customize it with some art. I did not have one of the "S" Y slingshot...Great work, but it kind of hurts my pinkie.
Thanks, StringSlap

Next pic is from BushpotChef. The spinner is just fun...And the Torque (also new to my collection) is a solid bit of engineering for sure. Buy once again I a PFS finds me. I love it...because a friend made it, it's unique (as he is) and it's a PFS.
Thanks, Chef.

Lastly, from Port Boy (who gave me my favorite PFS, Sheltowee-tiny turtle out of olive wood) 2 gappers (though the smaller of the 2 could be a pfs in a technical sense.) Funny thing, I had bought 3 Metro Made cores and had a Jester...but someone really, really liked it & I traded it to her. Then another one comes to me unexpectedly! And a cool patch & leather ammo pouch.

This time I dressed it up in olive.

Be well, friends.

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I love sling mail now I have to rewind a little Pat had a line on olive Opinels and I like knives and I wanted one so I ask if he could get me one and this fella went and got me one and sent it to me money and time out his pocket and day so I had a jester core (think u can still get them off metro fb page if u want one )and I know Pat loves gappers so I sent it to him .but now he says he sending me a package and I can not wait talk about a snow ball effect lol .thanks my friend for keeping things interesting ????????

Attachments

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
I have to agree with you Mako about this forum being the nicest guys ever. I was just commenting to my wife how every other forum I have been in has always been a bunch of tough guys with attitudes.
No attitudes here, just nice guys sharing a cool hobby.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Glad you like your stuff Pat you're an awesome dude, very cool stuff from the other guys! @M Mars couldn't agree with you more I was on a paintball forum for 4 years and it was the same crap there, keyboard ninjas left and right lol. This is truly a hub of fine, like minded folks keeping the guff to a minimum and really making the hobby work for one another. Always solid posts by informed members about relevant topics (admittedly much of this is rehashed - such is the nature of our humble pastime lol) & very little negativity.

As @Stringslap said looking forward to posting my end of our trade and thanks for being you too!

May all your steel fly straight my brother in the smoky mountains!

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, making all day tomorrow except for some early morning fishing.

Here is that Jester (such an appropriate flips for a joker like me) all dressed up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A Capuchin! I have one and a Tyton that I just cannot start on...I'd be happy to see what you do, Port Boy...I need the inspiration. I rough cut some cherry for it...but it just looked wonky and all.

I sqt it aside to wait...still waiting.

I wish Mr. Au would come back on and tell me hoq he would do it.

I am think of getting some 1/8" paduak or Bolivian Rosewood.

But lately hard maple and olive are my favorites. Well, and some "hickory" I put on a flip for StringSlap (That I suspect is actually pecan).

All are in the same family of trees...but it was way too easy to work, smelled like hickory, figures like walnut...I have more it.

I just talked myself though my problem...but I am still gonna wait and see this rosewood 1st.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Man I am in the same boat I even have a nibbler I made might of made my wave hole a little big so do I scale it and cover over or just make some band grooves and polish out wrap some flats on it ? But the other 3 one is getting olive and two I am going to cheat send to uncle and get them g10 scales cnc out than I will finish off .The only thing I know for sure is u killed that jester build hats off to ya Pat makes me happy to see it ready for action ????

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts