Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
You can attach them straight to the fork without using anything extra at all and get just a bit more to stretch. Flatband showed me, and I like to attach mine like he does now. I like to use two grooves on each fork though for tubes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info i also use this method
but i wanted a new method to use
is the method on the newest slingshot a good one or is it less accurate than without the little bit of rope? Catapult 3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is the method on the newest slingshot a good one or is it less accurate than without the little bit of rope? View attachment 1678
Hmm, Did you shoot it yet? If yes then you should know if it is less accurate .
[/quote]

well actually it is really acurate but i wanted to know if there is a better way of attaching the bands with rope or use something else which could is be better

·
Super Moderator
5,153 Posts
is the method on the newest slingshot a good one or is it less accurate than without the little bit of rope? View attachment 1678
[/quote]

well actually it is really acurate but i wanted to know if there is a better way of attaching the bands with rope or use something else which could is be better
[/quote]

Leather is a good choice and looks better than rope. Cut a piece the same width as the fork, and long enough to leave about 1/4 inch between the hole for the band and the fork when passed over the top. Tie it on just like a flatband, though for this application, I think waxed string is more secure than rubber bands for the fork tie.

Henry

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[/quote]

[/quote]

Leather is a good choice and looks better than rope. Cut a piece the same width as the fork, and long enough to leave about 1/4 inch between the hole for the band and the fork when passed over the top. Tie it on just like a flatband, though for this application, I think waxed string is more secure than rubber bands for the fork tie.

Henry
[/quote]

Thanks! thats a great idea im going to try it when i have the leather what do i need to use thick or medium like leather ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts