Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
This particular design has been requested by many different people... since it's difficult to cast and is a little time consuming to make, I just never had a lot of interest in making a bunch of them.
Sooo, here it is, the Paladin.
This is the original cutout drawing, drills and hole saws were used for the curves, as at the time it was difficult to cut nice curves in G10 with the saw I had.

This can be made out of a variety of materials. 1/2" plywood for the center piece and 1/4" for the faceplates works well. At the ammo dispensing opening there is a small cylinder shaped magnet to retain steel balls.

Paladin.gif
paladin2.jpg
paladin3.jpg

Alternate design (prototype) with simple ammo magazine covers

paladin.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Can you say a word or two about how the ammo is retained in the handle? Interesting design, as usual!

Cheers ...... Charles

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you say a word or two about how the ammo is retained in the handle? Interesting design, as usual!

Cheers ...... Charles
You drill a 1/4" hole in the side of the finger groove side and insert a neomydium (sp.) cylinder shaped magnet. That will hold and dispense the ammo perfectly.

You can see it in use by Jorg in this video:

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Thanks, Bill. Dumb me! ... I have been shooting all lead lately, and I did not even think about a magnet for steel!

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For lead, or even for steel a mechanical pencil eraser can be used instead of a magnet.... you just have it extend into the channel a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got a few versions of this one... and will introduce another one on here at sometime as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would one of those versions happen to be an around the fork or universal fork version bill cos that would be excellent i am currently assembling the materials to build my own modified version (larger to hold 16mm ammo and to accomodate my oversize hands) also how do you bond your sideplates to the polymer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts