Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

SLING-N-SHOT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monroe and I had a trade working already, prior to us getting matched up for the Cold Weather trade that Jake ( DSIL) put together.

I received his package today ( Not the cold weather trade....that's still pending) but the trade we had working already.

Monroe never fails to impress, and sent me 2 HDPE Mules, one at 90% and the smaller a 70 % Mule......he also sent me a custom Fug ( YSYEO Design) with pre-approval from Matt to build if for me.

All 3 frames excel in fit / finish but that Fug is an amazing design by Matt, is an awesome build by Monroe,and is going to become one of my favorite shooters I believe.

Thanks so much Monroe......your package is pending, but hopefully can ship by end of next week.

d8deeb138a466bf534a0d08e4469041f.jpg

9340934a2ed11a69b7bd518b8e66535c.jpg

e73f9ef48c7858fa6ad58190bdbab0a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Thank you guys, appreciate the kind words. The Mules are a result of buying a new router table and just playing with some HDPE. Quick builds once you have the routine down. The FUG is made on a 1/4" aircraft grade ply and laminated with 1/4" Walnut and a tiny bit of Oak for color contrast. Finish is just BLO as this is intended to be a daily shooter and should break in well.

I've got my ideas on the next build already, just need to get cranking....

SLING-N-SHOT
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Darrell, is that BSB elastic? If yes, what size and how do you like it?
I think so Steve, but crazy busy and no time to shoot it or anything.....Monroe could probably give you details I'm sure?
@Palmettoflyer

Registered
I think so Steve, but crazy busy and no time to shoot it or anything.....Monroe could probably give you details I'm sure?
@Palmettoflyer

Steve, the bands are BSB 0.5mm. For 3/8" ammo, I am cutting them 15-20mm taper. The biggest adjustment is the draw length needs to be shortened from what I am used to. For .7mm latex, I would cut a 7" band. For the .5mm latex, a 6" is almost too long. Still not 100% on my ideal length for the 0.5 material, but I am loving the lighter pull and zippy response. This band also worked well with 5/16" ammo and no hand slap.

Registered
@Palmettoflyer

Steve, the bands are BSB 0.5mm. For 3/8" ammo, I am cutting them 15-20mm taper. The biggest adjustment is the draw length needs to be shortened from what I am used to. For .7mm latex, I would cut a 7" band. For the .5mm latex, a 6" is almost too long. Still not 100% on my ideal length for the 0.5 material, but I am loving the lighter pull and zippy response. This band also worked well with 5/16" ammo and no hand slap.
Thanks, guys. My two favs right now are .5 Sumeike and .6 Precise. I cut both 15-20 taper and 6.5" active. Shooting 5/16 almost exclusively. I love the smoothness of the Sumeike and the Precise isn't too far behind. Heard the BSB is more like the Sumeike and trying to decide on what size to order. I may split the difference and get the .55!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.