Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
You got it right. It's a mental game. I have a similar hangup. I can smack a pop can at 20 yards, a pie plate at 40-50 yards and a garbage can lid at 75 yards. A plastic golfball will often give me grief at only 10 yards. It's called target panic and it's a real thing that archers sometimes battle. The archery forums are full of long postings on the ailment.

If you want to improve your paper scores then don't give up. Maybe read some online stuff on TP for archery and apply what you can to slingshots. It's all about getting control of the shot. I hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard a pretty good suggestion: Since I can hit a spinner, practice with a spinner hung in front of the bulls eye. Do this until you can remove the spinner and like the results.

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
Sounds like you shoot cans and spinners way more than paper. Paper just leaves evidence of a miss, something you don't notice much on a spinner. Just start shootn more paper and things will come together. Don't try to control your shots just trust your subconscious.
Just my humble $.02

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Don't know if this will help or not, but when I was learning to shoot a pistol, my instructor hung a blank sheet of paper up and said "just hold somewhere on the lower part of the paper. I did and when we looked at the result, my group was better than when using a bullseye. I still get the yips around a standard target, don't know if I will ever whip it completely. The parking lot of life is full of little speed bumps. ..8>)..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts