Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
See The Target
21,996 Posts
Many of the the past people are not as active to even inactive . There are always new people joining in . New members with their fresh enthusiasm and passion with many questions of " how to " help keep the forum going . That is why in the past I would say to stop in the introduction forum and welcome a new person introducing themselves . Respond to some posts with helpful suggestions . Keep the forum friendly and growing ! New people are the life blood of the forum .

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Forums are great for storing a wealth of information. However, once you are pretty well versed in slingshots, simple conversations are so much more easily accessed in social media options. I think we lost many of the seasoned guys to Facebook and the like.

As Marty alluded too, it takes a lot of patience to answer "what's the best slingshot" three hundred times a year. Many long-timers have their group of friends they stay in contact with outside of the forum where they can avoid the endless stream of the same questions.

For me, the big thing is following my buddies, many of whom communicate through social media. There is only so much time in the day, so the forums frequently get neglected. As for posting my builds, it takes seconds to post pictures on social media. That is far from the case on the forums.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I belong to two Facebook slingshot groups and rarely participate in either of them. There is no serious ddiscussion -just people posting photos of slingshots and shooting videos. People comment on them but no serious discussions. If you want to see a post that was made last week, good luck finding it. Newbies asking questions sometimes are treated rudely. Just my opinion based on what I have seen.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I belong to two Facebook slingshot groups and rarely participate in either of them. There is no serious ddiscussion -just people posting photos of slingshots and shooting videos. People comment on them but no serious discussions. If you want to see a post that was made last week, good luck finding it. Newbies asking questions sometimes are treated rudely. Just my opinion based on what I have seen.
The visible Facebook page can be a bit harsh. I do not prescribe to it. By the same token, it takes more effort to find and join a forum so you are little more into the whole slingshot thing if you take the time. On Facebook, you frequently get people who stumble across the page and seem to be completely lacking in common sense. It is so bad, they should not be shooting a slingshot until given face-to-face training. Those are the ones that scare me.

·
Premium Member
11,354 Posts
I try to post something every so often, because I’m fed up with all the negative news media. I look at this Forum because in my mind it’s family oriented and the people who are members help me stay grounded. I’m not voicing my opinion on any other Forums, they all have their good points. I hope that one day there will be just normal conversations about slingshots in general, not necessarily what’s the best, or who is the best. I’ve subscribed to several sports magazines over the years, like motorcycles, outdoors and even cooking magazines. The best time I had with slingshots was at the MWST a few years back. We talked about slingshots, the weather our families and many other fun conversations. Bushpotchef had a Forum on what he cooked that week I wish I could find it, but so far no luck.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
This many years into slingshots and the slingshotforum it isn't likely I am going to pick up some new information that is going to change things much for me. I'm content with what I shoot and how I shoot and know enough to go ten different directions with slingshots if I so desired. What I continue to enjoy about the slingshot forum is seeing others discover and then become obsessed with building, shooting and sharing about slingshots. I can't tell you how many times I've explained tapered bands to newbies but I never mind it because they are full into the compulsion that slingshots can become and for them it's a revelation.

For me the forum acts on occassion like a sanctuary where I can temporarily re-focus, drop out of the real world for a few minutes and then pop back out again.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I joined the forum for the purpose of sharing a common interest, to gather useful hints with regard to making and shooting slingshots, but also to share any ideas I came up with to enhance the sport, or should I say, an art form, in view of the incredible handmade creations I see here regularly.

Last year's international slingshot competition at Gualdo Tadino (Italy) was a fantastic experience, both in terms of the great people I met and the huge variations of slingshots and shooting styles I able to see. Living in a country where slingshot shooters are few and far between, I am now wondering when and where I'll be able to attend further competitions in general.

It's more fun when it's shared with others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts