Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if you're familiar with Tred Barta, but I was saddened to learn today that he passed away earlier this year in a car wreck. I became a fan of his watching "The Best and Worst of Tred Barta", a television show that followed him fishing and bow hunting. I appreciated it, because unlike many outdoors shows, Tred would show all his mistakes. There was more than one episode where he would completely whiff a 25yd shot at a deer or jackrabbit. He also gave me an appreciation for nature and hunting that is often difficult to discover living in a mid-major city.

A few years back he suffered a stroke and was paralyzed from the legs down, but with the help of his family and some specialized wheelchairs he kept right on hunting and fishing. He was a goofy, funny guy who enjoyed nature and the challenge of hunting with old school equipment. I've heard he could be controversial, but from what I saw he's the kind of guy I'd like to hit a trail with. If you haven't heard of him I'd encourage you to check him out on Youtube, and apparently he also wrote a book published in 2016.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
He was a fairly controversial figure in the traditional archery community. He was actually paralyzed from about the sternum down. He accepted his condition, never appeared to be bitter about it, and continued hunting and fishing.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Sincerest condolences.

It is hard to lose mentors. But we keep their teachings and memory when we share the lessons.

Thanks for sharing. I am looking him up now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts