Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if you're familiar with Tred Barta, but I was saddened to learn today that he passed away earlier this year in a car wreck. I became a fan of his watching "The Best and Worst of Tred Barta", a television show that followed him fishing and bow hunting. I appreciated it, because unlike many outdoors shows, Tred would show all his mistakes. There was more than one episode where he would completely whiff a 25yd shot at a deer or jackrabbit. He also gave me an appreciation for nature and hunting that is often difficult to discover living in a mid-major city.

A few years back he suffered a stroke and was paralyzed from the legs down, but with the help of his family and some specialized wheelchairs he kept right on hunting and fishing. He was a goofy, funny guy who enjoyed nature and the challenge of hunting with old school equipment. I've heard he could be controversial, but from what I saw he's the kind of guy I'd like to hit a trail with. If you haven't heard of him I'd encourage you to check him out on Youtube, and apparently he also wrote a book published in 2016.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.