Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only ever purchase from websites...I'm wanting to buy a custom slingshot from someone from a different country and when I went to make payment a question popped up....how do I protect myself and ensure that I will get my money back if the transaction goes bad? What method do I use to show that I transferred money a payment of an item? I know the seller should send an invoice, but there should be something on the buyers end in the case of a possible scam, right?

There are a list of items that are ineligible for PayPal protection, inncludeng "custom made" items as well....is this gonna make this purchase ineligible?

I am contacting PayPal, but it could take 24hrs....just wondering I anyone can fill me in with this experiences....

Thanks

MW

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

·
Freezin' my Butt Off
709 Posts
Hey! You are back! Not really sure about the question, paypal still records transactions, so you will be able to show that you paid for it, but that line about custom items could throw you for a loop.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Doing a "background search" based on the name of the vendor or the supplier concerned should yield some relevant data as to whether the source can be trusted or not. PayPal alone is not sufficient, in my opinion.

Checking the vendor credentials on other slingshot forums (North America & abroad) might be an option too.

Ultimately, if really in doubt, don't do it...or take up contact with the vendor concerned prior to buying anything to ascertain whether you're dealing with serious people.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
It depends on a few factors. PayPal's response would be the only definitive option.

Who is the vendor - Do they do a fair amount of trade with other people who can vet them?

I've done one or two purchases from members directly via PayPal and it can be the same issue. Also EBay - due to the long shipping times to here I'm well out of the buyer protection period any way. And sales do go bad through there as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts