Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
Also known around here as the Bonus Conus! I made a back-alley trade with the one-and-only Treeman. All went well with the transaction and then THIS fell out of the bag!!?
I've been carrying it around for maybe three weeks. Holding it, staring at it, talking to it. Today after lunch I went and shot it. First shot was dead-on at about 120feet or so at my neighbors metal Moon they have nailed to a tree in their backyard. We have a metal Sun in our backyard but my wife gets pissed when I ping it!
Yew is the wood. Never have seen it up close until now. It certainly is a stunner! The layout and symmetry of the wood is absolutely exact and all-pro. It fits my hand and my achey breaky thumb is all smiles! Go ahead. Feast yer' eyes!!!
98789d1295b0144a62f5c44680997ace.jpg
1ad9f3c4c0d042eb2bfadb3efda255dd.jpg
c303c795da0f9d31c6a274b0065823a4.jpg
54a0ac73649de1c78bcbdb8b8e42d295.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
f591c6f9fdc039c700e178828593d4ad.jpg

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm so happy you like I, and even more happy that you can hit something with it. It was a blast to make it for you my friend
I am still working through my mental strategy when I practice with my OPFS. This Conus didn't 'feel' like a PFS so I managed to just pick it up, draw and let it go. I also had a beer for lunch so that might have helped a little!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I'm so happy you like I, and even more happy that you can hit something with it. It was a blast to make it for you my friend
I am still working through my mental strategy when I practice with my OPFS. This Conus didn't 'feel' like a PFS so I managed to just pick it up, draw and let it go. I also had a beer for lunch so that might have helped a little!

Hey, stick with what works!

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
That's a fantastic looking sling. Congrats Mo!

Reactions: MOJAVE MO

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Now where do you suppose a fellow from NJ would get a piece of wood like that?? Mo if you never shoot it again, you still have a beautiful example of slingery! I may move to England.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Now where do you suppose a fellow from NJ would get a piece of wood like that?? Mo if you never shoot it again, you still have a beautiful example of slingery! I may move to England.
That yew tree is growing right outside my house. I've harvested three beautiful forks from it, and I know there are at least two more just waiting to be slingshots. I wonder how one would look with mesquite swells? Hmm......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts