Slingshots Forum banner

Peanut Butter and Jealousy!

1K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  bingo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Also known around here as the Bonus Conus! I made a back-alley trade with the one-and-only Treeman. All went well with the transaction and then THIS fell out of the bag!!? [emoji2962]
I've been carrying it around for maybe three weeks. Holding it, staring at it, talking to it. Today after lunch I went and shot it. First shot was dead-on at about 120feet or so at my neighbors metal Moon they have nailed to a tree in their backyard. We have a metal Sun in our backyard but my wife gets pissed when I ping it!
Yew is the wood. Never have seen it up close until now. It certainly is a stunner! The layout and symmetry of the wood is absolutely exact and all-pro. It fits my hand and my achey breaky thumb is all smiles! Go ahead. Feast yer' eyes!!!
98789d1295b0144a62f5c44680997ace.jpg
1ad9f3c4c0d042eb2bfadb3efda255dd.jpg
c303c795da0f9d31c6a274b0065823a4.jpg
54a0ac73649de1c78bcbdb8b8e42d295.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
f591c6f9fdc039c700e178828593d4ad.jpg

See less See more
#10 ·
I'm so happy you like I, and even more happy that you can hit something with it. It was a blast to make it for you my friend
I am still working through my mental strategy when I practice with my OPFS. This Conus didn't 'feel' like a PFS so I managed to just pick it up, draw and let it go. I also had a beer for lunch so that might have helped a little!

#15 ·
I'm so happy you like I, and even more happy that you can hit something with it. It was a blast to make it for you my friend
I am still working through my mental strategy when I practice with my OPFS. This Conus didn't 'feel' like a PFS so I managed to just pick it up, draw and let it go. I also had a beer for lunch so that might have helped a little!

Hey, stick with what works!

#19 ·
Now where do you suppose a fellow from NJ would get a piece of wood like that?? Mo if you never shoot it again, you still have a beautiful example of slingery! I may move to England.
That yew tree is growing right outside my house. I've harvested three beautiful forks from it, and I know there are at least two more just waiting to be slingshots. I wonder how one would look with mesquite swells? Hmm......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.