Slingshots Forum banner

Peghead Maple natty.

2K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  Island made 
#1 ·
Here's something a little different for me, in some spare time I've been carving on this maple fork, here's where we ended up. Finish is just some black shoe polish and CA.
Thanks for looking guys, have a great day!! Wood Automotive tire Trunk Grass Sculpture
Azure Branch Wood Trunk Plant
Wood Branch Twig Trunk Tree
Arm Human body Sleeve Gesture Finger
Automotive tire Snow Hat Paint Automotive design
Tire Wood Bone Automotive tire Human leg
Hand Wood Gesture Finger Thumb

Attachments

See less See more
#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Very nice Shane, love that shape, but to be honest, I am truly surprised the CA finish didn't flake off after using the shoe polish ? ( you had no trouble with that ? )
Also, did you freehand carve the flats on the grip or use a bandsaw, etc ?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Darrell. I've used the shoe polish lots on knife handles and never had problem putting a top coat over it. Never really thought about it lol. But the CA seemed to take really good!

Yes bud all freehand. I use the same thing as I do with all my metal frames, flap wheel on an angle grinder lol. Hold the grinder in my right hand and the part in the left and let er go!!
Also I cut the profile out with a scroll saw.

#21 ·
Very nice Shane, love that shape, but to be honest, I am truly surprised the CA finish didn't flake off after using the shoe polish ? ( you had no trouble with that ? )
Thank you Darrell. I've used the shoe polish lots on knife handles and never had problem putting a top coat over it. Never really thought about it lol. But the CA seemed to take really good!

Yes bud all freehand. I use the same thing as I do with all my metal frames, flap wheel on an angle grinder lol. Hold the grinder in my right hand and the part in the left and let er go!!
Oh no, no, no....I've imagined a high tech metal laboratory with lazers, and levels, and magicnometers, and perfectomagnichrome machines specially balanced to crank out your metal voodoo slings. And NOW you are saying you've got an angle grinder duct taped to a $12 80grit flap sanding wheel that you are working FREEHAND to make your slings??!?! And then salt in the wound with black shoe polish and super glue???! I'll tell you that there is a very fine line between being impressed and pissed!!!
We are all friends here. It is perfectly okay to lie to us! Maybe say that you rubbed that Maple frame for a thousand hours with the hair from a black stallion??? Or that you forge your metal frames in a secret deal with the devil????!! [emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji856][emoji3166]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#22 ·

Oh no, no, no....I've imagined a high tech metal laboratory with lazers, and levels, and magicnometers, and perfectomagnichrome machines specially balanced to crank out your metal voodoo slings. And NOW you are saying you've got an angle grinder duct taped to a $12 80grit flap sanding wheel that you are working FREEHAND to make your slings??!?! And then salt in the wound with black shoe polish and super glue???! I'll tell you that there is a very fine line between being impressed and pissed!!!
We are all friends here. It is perfectly okay to lie to us! Maybe say that you rubbed that Maple frame for a thousand hours with the hair from a black stallion??? Or that you forge your metal frames in a secret deal with the devil????!! [emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji856][emoji3166]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Top comment, loving this. Lolz

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.