Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm taking my lunch walk yesterday and a neighbor I wave to, but never really talk to stopped me and said he saw me shooting slingshots in my backyard, he had something I may want. Then he gave me this. We talked a second about shooting and how I picked it up and he wants to shoot when the pass around box comes! People can still be cool.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
Don’t open it! That’s got to be a collectors item. Very cool gift. Slingshots are definitely a hard one to bring people into. Seems there’s only a select few of us who really seem to get it.
I've found the same thing.
I think it's fairly easy to explain though - I've introduced two friends to it - one was a natural and has kept going, the other hit the forks then hit his hand and hasn't picked one up since! Most people I think fall into the latter category.
For myself it was only sheer determination and bloody mindedness that got me from scattergun frustration to satisfying accuracy and I don't think most people are prepared to put in the effort.
We should be thankful though, if any idiot could pick up a slingshot and shoot it well then slingshots would be banned or restricted like everything else.

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
It's great to find some cool people, there are still some out there. Also nice to find some interested in slingshots, which isn't required to be a decent and interesting person. Maybe nice that slinging isn't for everyone and truly enjoyed by just a few. In the end, running into a decent person with a shared interest makes for a great day, and probably a few more to come.

·
Super Moderator
7,132 Posts
Nice gesture by your neighbor. Love all the vintage stuff!

Reactions: Dubroq and Tag
1 - 14 of 14 Posts